Used 2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Umm!!
By gd1

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well I purchased the 2011 Kia Sportage LX in August 2010 and I must say the firmness of the SUV was an issue with me.
I enjoyed the Navigation and Satellite but it wasn't enough for me to keep the car due to my monthly payments.
It was great in the snow.
I hope my trade in was worth it.
Bye Bye Kia!

Navigation

The suspension is way to firm!!!

Never Again!
By slumberbum65

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Kia Sportage EX after looking for the right model and getting what I thought was a good price, I had the car for 10 months. This car left me stranded 3 times in 10 months. The first time I was out of town and a "fuse" blew and the car wouldn't start, towed to dealer for repair on a Sunday, took $50 cab ride home 2 weeks later it dropped dead at an intersection, fuse blew again due to bad fuel pump, replace pump after tow to dealer, 3rd time it left me stranded on a dirt road high in the mountains, Kia roadside was no help at all and ignored me, had to use my buddies AAA to get a flatbed, some expensive computer module broke, fixed, promptly traded for 2010 Ford Taurus.

Wheels, headlights, overall style of car, bluetooth turning radius.

QUALITY! first model year, I should have known better, KIA roadside asst was terrible, took forever to get a tow truck when broken down, warranty is great but I didn't plan on using it 3 times in 10 months! over $2000 of towing and repair work done! I think I got a lemon cause other reviews have been positive, I called Kia customer support to complain and got the run around. I planned on owning this car for 5 years and buying another one until all this happened, I love the Ford that I replace the Kia with, it's like night and day. never again will I buy a Kia.

Great Ride
By suvhappy

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only owned my Sportage since Jan 16 which is 3 days as of today and I could not be happier.
Traded in a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado that had poor gas mileage (of course), was noisy to drive, uncomfortable to sit in except for short drives and handled like a Mack Truck.
Just was completely dissatisfied with the drive and feel of an 'American-made' car/SUV which felt cheap - not the reputation of Jeep I had expected.
My Sportage has just made a 5 hour trip from the upper northwest Ohio to Columbus and neither I or my passengers felt fatigued by the seating or the room available in the seats.
Got the 6-speed Automatic, turbo charged T-GDI model and I am thrilled.

Seating: nice lumbar support for the driver, wonderful not to experience back fatigue while driving. Handling: Took a tight, tight S curve on an interstate approach ramp like it thought it was a sports car - and this from an SUV. Comfort: Unbelievably comfortable compared with the 2010 Jeep that I traded. Extremely quiet ride in the driver/passenger cabin. Sirius radio is a huge plus as in the Bluetooth tie in and control on the steering wheel make this a dream to drive. Road Wear (so far): Seemed to fly over even the roughest/washboard type roads - expected it to rock and cry like the Jeep but the Sportage did it without complaint and so smoothly.

AWD is terrible!
By smallsuvdriver

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I think Kia forgot that above all, it is supposed to be an SUV!

In the freak blizzard we had this past October, I was driving home when my windshield wipers stopped working simply b/c snow had built up under them, I tried turning them off, back on, spraying blue stuff, nothing would make them come back...I got out in almost white out conditions & scooped the extra snow & slush from under the wipers.
They started to work again.....
can't imagine if I had still been on Interstate and that happened.

The next day, it couldn't even get up the hill outside our house!
Our Subaru Forrester had no problems at all!

After only a year, traded it in on a Ford Escape.

Exterior looks great

Interior is cheap & flimsy.... seats have horrible lower back support. Needs better quality interior pieces & better seats AWD is awful. Please give it a real 4WD system. Talk to Subaru, talk to Ford... Better windshield wipers. No windshield wipers should stop in a snowstorm - no excuses! More headroom! I think Kia needs to take some lessons in what's important in an SUV

Well designed car.
By tk6

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm very happy with my Sportage SX.
It is a lot of car for the money.
It serves my need for something big enough to carry me, my wife and toddler on weekend daytrips.
It does it while managing to be fun to drive, fairly frugal on gas, stylish and comfortable.
Lots of tech features like USB, Bluetooth, backup camera, navigation, heated/cooled seat, dual-pane panoramic sunroof and premium stereo w/ sub.

1. 2.0 liter turbo engine that runs on 87 octane. 2. Heated/cooled (driver) leather seats. 3. LED DRL's and projector low-beams. 4. Decent stereo, USB, Bluetooth, navi. 5. Stays flat in the twistys as long as you don't think you're driving a sports car. 6. Very intuitive cabin controls. Climate control is very good and easy to use. 7. Styling that isn't like Toyota or Honda.

1. Could use a little more sound insulation. Road noise could be reduced. 2. Suspension could still use some tweaking in bump compliance, but overall it's not bad. 3. TPMS should display PSI, instead of just a warning light when a tire gets low.