Used 2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

2nd Kia
By korensoul

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 10 Soul for the 11 Sportage.
I wanted something with AWD and the reliability of the Soul was awesome.
Nothing besides oil changes at 78,000 on the Soul!
The sportage has be extremely reliable as well.
at almost 30,000, it has needed nothing except a switch replaced (covered under warranty).
I am short at 5', and it was hard finding a car I fit in comfortably, I drive 70+ miles a day for work, and my butt never goes numb like on past cars.

Comfort, Size, Awd, Gas Mileage (avg: 28 to 31), the dealership is Awesome. Is roomier than what it looks, and has been extremely reliable. I really love this car.

I hate the 'upgraded' cloth seats. They are impossible to clean, and the drivers seat puckers where my butt goes. I weigh 137lbs, I don't think it should be puckering like that! The steering wheel is cheap, and peeling. I also dislike the stereo placement, its positioned awkward for my short arms. And I wish I had opted for the premium package (heated leather seats and sunroof) on my EX. The lack of sunroof makes it feel like a cave in there, and the seats are extremely hard to clean with dogs. I am seriously considering trading it in on a new EX with those options.

Not working out like I had hoped
By jbc6

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the car, enjoying it then just had to have the transmission totally replaced at 14,750.
The warranty covered this.
My beef is with Kia Roadside- the rep was clueless, I waited forever for a tow (not a flatbed) and the tow truck driver was not careful (to say the least).

One year and still loving it
By brianarm

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for a year now and have put on 11K miles. Not a single thing has gone wrong, it is very reliable. All the small suv's are somewhat disappointing with their gas mileage. I average around 25 mpg in mixed driving without a heavy foot.

I make several long trips (650 miles) a year and have to say the seats are incredibly comfortable and I'm 6'1. My mileage was about 30 mpg going about 75 on these trips.

The EX gives you a lot a extra goodies - better seats, leather steering wheel, led lights in front, alloys etc. I could not be happier with my decision to buy this car.

Looks are the best. Led lights, roof rails allow me to carry my kayak. Radio, bluetooth, usb, mp3 are fantastic.

Larger gas tank 13 gals is too small. Back up camera would be very welcome.

MPG Sticker Lies drastically
By anubis2012

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I liked this SUV but the window sticker MPG is way off!
I am a conservitave driver.
On paved roads getting 17-22 best, but mostly worse.
This AWD is a mountain goat as far as the AWD goes.
I only got stuck going up one mining road in NV and it was not able to continue climbing the gravel road without slipping backward and sideways.
It was a scary drive backward down a narrow road with a canyon on one side and embankment on the other.
It was great in the sandy soil of my NW NV property but didn't quite clear the middle of the pasture roads.
I sold it with only 5K because of the MPG being so misrepresented.
Sorry to see it go but too much difference in MPG way below sticker.
Not nice!

Interior and Exterior design is so great. Good room. Pretty good AWD capabilities.

Horrible gas mileage and not even inside the range of the sticker. Needs higher clearance. It was dragging the bottom on simple pasture roads. If you are going to call it a SUV and an AWD, it needs to do those jobs.

Umm!!
By gd1

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well I purchased the 2011 Kia Sportage LX in August 2010 and I must say the firmness of the SUV was an issue with me.
I enjoyed the Navigation and Satellite but it wasn't enough for me to keep the car due to my monthly payments.
It was great in the snow.
I hope my trade in was worth it.
Bye Bye Kia!

Navigation

The suspension is way to firm!!!