Used 2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Give me back my Ford
By Darrell D. Pratte

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Took this car to the dealer cause it just did not seem like the turbo would kick in, never found anything wrong. They charge $85.00 every time to do a diagnostic check, and there is never any thing wrong. Then the engine threw a rod. Paid $6000.00 for a new short block. Then I got a letter in the mail telling me Kia is extending the warranty on the engine, cause they are blowing up. I'm waiting to see if the company will refund the cost of the short block. Took the car to the dealer yesterday, something is wrong with the turbo. It's doing exactly what I described before the $6000.00 repair, and now it's the turbo. I do not know if the problem is the car, the car company, the dealer, the mechanics, or just a little bit of all.

Never Again
By Ruth

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had bought this vehicle coming from a Saturn SUV. In comparison the KIA rides like a truck, feeling the road & hearing the road--not very sound proof. The radio speakers are poor quality and can't let you adjust the bass. The acceleration is poor. When starting from a stop light the car needs extra gas and then it is too much. You can't hear the horn, no sense in having it. Very unhappy. I still owe on it and will never get out of it what I had bought it for. I will be downgrading to get rid of it.

I love it! 2011 Kia Sportage Base
By Itzel

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had it for 2 months. I love it and my three-year-old son loves it as well. I like the color because I have never seen it on a car. I have gotten many compliments on it. I have plenty of space for me as I am 5'2. It's equipped with a backup camera and Bluetooth connection. The only thing we have done is an oil change and new tires l. I don't like plastic edges on the outside of the car.

Great work horse
By Chris Biser

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 4 years and I am extremely satisfied with it. It is an economical car to drive for everyday, plus road trips for 2 or 3 passengers. I am getting about 28 mpg on it on the highway. The sound system is good, the controls are easy to reach, and it's a nice, uncomplicated car to drive.

Some downsides: moving from a Honda Civic DX, the blind spots on this Sportage were something to get used to. It's easy to miss cars right next to you. I've learned to REALLY look before shifting lanes. Also, I am 5'6" and the door frame is sometimes a bit closer to my head than I'd like. On the other hand, that sturdy frame also protects in a crash, so it is an easy trade off for me. My BF who is 6'1" drives it and doesn't seem to mind that door frame either, but maybe for some it is too much. The ride in the back seat going over speed bumps can be a bit stiff.

Other than those 2 things, this car is fun to drive and has great safety ratings. I am extremely satisfied driving it. Have 100,000K on it now and plan to keep it to at least 300,000.

Great work horse
By Chris Biser

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Update as of 3/28/2018: I have driven this Kia Sportage LS since 2/2012, and I would not change anything in my review of the car. On the far left side of the dashboard near the window is a local trip meter/gas mileage calculator/outside temp gauge, etc. The reset button on this device became non-functional a few months ago. The sensor is located under the front car bumper, and presumably got dented or broken. The dealer charged $1050 to fix this, which I thought was unreasonably expensive, and so I drive without the benefit of this gadget. I am careful about routine maintenance but have had zero problems with the car. I am extremely satisfied with it.