Used 2010 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Really good value for your buck
By milfhunter79

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this from the original owner who babied this, only ever took it to the Kia dealership to have everything done to it. Did the timing belt and water pump a few times even got his wipers from kia they are stamped!!! I have currently on it 323,400 miles and it needs nothing, cant even hear the engine, not the most comfortable on long drives 2 hours plus but for the money you cant beat it. If you take care of it and do that timing belt it will be good to you.

my little baby.
By my little baby.

2010 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this used with 103 thousand on it. so far so good runs great . i would buy again i like the older style models better i guess just my preference.

Best value I've owned - 139k mi no repairs!
By Ocala Jo

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

If you can find one used and it's been properly cared for, buy it! This baby is the Korean Energizer Bunny! I bought it new in July 2010, at over 139,000 miles, the only two times I needed help for it were a dead battery and a $2.99 O ring in the radiator that failed on my way to work one morning. Maintenance is not cheap, but worth it for a car that faithfully gets you where you're going. The only negatives are the awkward headrests (took a while to get it into a position that allows my head to remain upright) and the ride is a bit like a pickup truck--a non-luxury one. Gas mileage is great; averaging 28 MPG, all non-highway driving. My daily commute is 54 miles total, half 55 mph and half stop-and-go 45 MPH or less. I do play the lights when possible to avoid wasting time and gas that way. Have replaced tires twice. Took it on a 3k mile trip last summer; it loved the open road. Finally, whenever anyone asks me if I like my Kia, I answer with a resounding "YES!" When this one finally gives up, I'll first look at another Kia to replace it.

After 8+ yrs ownership, still maintenance-free
By J Howes

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Kia new in March 2010 as a second car. After 8 years and 75,000 miles, I can say this car has NEVER REQUIRED REPAIRS (other than routine oil changes and a new battery and set of tires after 5 yrs). What more can you ask of any car. The paint finish is outstanding and generous headroom is a plus for me (I'm 6' 5"). About the only fault I can find is the radio's dim LCD display, which is impossible to see in bright sunlight. Also, at highway speeds, the cabin is not the quietest.

Great on Gas; Fun to Drive
By Mike

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Sportage. The first one was so good. I decided to get another. The 140 hp 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive provides all the power you need plus 22+ average mpg! IT handles great in the snow, and rain, and visibility it amazing, the wipers clear about 95% of the glass. I highly recommend the Sportage to anyone.

Satellite stereo with aux inputs for USB & audio devises; acceleration; manual shifter for electronic automatic transmission; gas mileage.

smaller front headrests.