Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sportage for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

lmcintyre001@att.net, 01/03/2016
LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car and it has been amazing! I've only had it in the shop 4 times in the 130,000 miles I've owned it and none of those were "major" repairs. With regular maintenance and oil changes, this vehicle has been everything I hoped it would be!

The Perfect Car

sportagelover2, 12/26/2012
EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 KIA's and loved them both. My 2006 Sportage has almost 200k on it and still going strong. I would never buy another kind of car. My next one with be a 4 wheel drive now that I live in the mountains. Thank you KIA keep up the great work! PS Try working on the rear end safety :)

Great Purchase

JJ, 11/28/2006
LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Did a ton of research as I was a little hesitant about buying a Kia. My first choice was the Honda CR-V and then the Ford Escape. The Sportage puts both of those to shame, especially the Escape. There is no comparison on the interior or the ride. Once I test drove the Sportage I knew it was the right SUV for me. I love it and can't be happier.

Good car

Stillalive, 09/05/2010
LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was a great mid$ car. Was totaled in crash, and all crumple zones and air bags saved me! Never had any issues with this car. Owned it from 47k to 74k miles. Btw, I paid $9500, and after 14 months, ins paid $8300. Book value went UP even with 27k more miles on it. Avg. 24 mpg mostly freeway. For you gear heads, there is about a 1400 rpm drop between gears. 3800 rpm in 5th gets you about 72 mph on flats. You'll need to drop 1 on hills. Great car for the $.

2006 kia sportage fwd-problems

Nanna56, 05/19/2010
LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my KIA and loved it until 2 mo. after purchase, I left for Pa. to visit family. One hr. from destination it started shorting out. Acted like running out of gas-had half a tank. Had it towed to KIA Dealership, was told it was a filed out spark plug. Only replaced 1 spark plug. Went back to Vt. no problem. One month later left for Fl. One hour before destination started doing the same thing. Towed to KIA Dealership, after 3 days and a $250.00 car rental bill was told the problem was fuel pump. Has been fine since. Now my key will not turn in ignition everytime. Just came from KIA Dealership and will cost me $250.00- $300.00 for ignition.

12345...15