Used 2006 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sportage SUV

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

too soon to say, but love it
By Viki

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. Luxury, luxury, great for the $$$. Had 1000 miles on it, but so far love it. Drive mainly in city about 18 miles per gal around town. Only put about 200 miles on it but trip coming soon. Gave it all 5 as starting point on ratings.

Leather interior, sunroof, fold down rear seats, hard backing for storing cargo on back of seats.

Need more drive time to suggest.

So Far So Good...
By czechers

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had an old Spectra and went in for a service appointment, and ended up leaving with a new Sportage. I was looking at other brands, but the features for the price are outstanding. The MPG is less than advertised however... I haven't done much highway driving yet, I only have 750 miles on the clock and I am stuck at 17 MPG. (Advertised 19/25) I was worried that the horsepower was on the low side compared with competitors, however, it moves this SUV just fine. I also wish there were a 5 or 6 speed automatic. But, as I said, for the price of $21K I got a V6 auto, power everything, CD / MP3, Sunroof, Keyless with Alarm, Alloy wheels, upgraded interior, etc.

Power Sunroof, Brushed Aluminium Trim, Great Stereo, Power everything, a lot for the money... little hooks everywhere are great!

Needs a 5 or 6 speed auto to make the most of Manumatic shifting, lose some of the body cladding. A little more horsepower wouldn't hurt, but what you get is adequate.

Great Purchase
By JJ

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Did a ton of research as I was a little hesitant about buying a Kia. My first choice was the Honda CR-V and then the Ford Escape. The Sportage puts both of those to shame, especially the Escape. There is no comparison on the interior or the ride. Once I test drove the Sportage I knew it was the right SUV for me. I love it and can't be happier.

Everything. Fun to drive, very smooth ride.

Only improvement would be that the doors automatically lock when the car starts or you put it in drive.

Kia Improvement
By Poncebx

2006 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It is a very good car but there is room for more improvement, like fuel economy, and back lumbar and an arm rest for the drive. Over all it is better then other SUV that I have had.

4 wheel drive and ESC.

Armrest, lumbar for the back and improve the fuel economy.

Great little SUV for a small price
By Ray

2006 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife needed a new car and wanted something with 4wd. So we test drove the Honda CR-V first. My wife thought it was OK but nothing special. I suggested that she should check out the Kia Sportage since my Kia Sedona has been so reliable. Se was reluctant to do it since she really didn't think that the Kia would be comparable to the CR-V. We test drove the car and were immediately impressed with the build quality, handling and quietness of the car. We bought the luxury package with leather, heated seats and an impressive stereo with subwoofer. My wife tells me every day how she loves this vehicle. She looks forward to her morning commute.

My wife loves the heated seats. I like that it has a quality Borg Warner 4wd system. Leather seats.

Fuel economy could be better. The subwoofer on the radio in the luxury package is nice, but they should have include the MP3 capability with this radio as well plus lose the tape deck, it's obsolete technology.