Used 2006 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Love my car
By Megan

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! Ive had it for 5 years, i bought it used and she still runs beautifully. However, i only have 1 door handle left. Every other one dry rotted and broke off without force. So i have to get them replaced. My AC makes the car sound funny but it doesnt effect it and it works great. No aux, and no usb ports. Other than that my sportage is amazing and has gotten me through so many travels and is now getting me through college!

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Kia Sportage.......
By Beckie Billings

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I gave this car 5 stars based on the fact that it's never been in the shop for major repairs, never stranded me on the side of the road, and never failed to start in all the years (6) I've owned it. My Kia handles well and breaks well. (My husband says I have a lead foot. Oh please.......He's only had to change the brake pads once !!!). Unfortunately the acceleration leaves a little to be desired. But again, I'm more interested in it's reliability to get me home. That being said I'll move on to the electronics. Where do I begin ? The CD player doesn't work, the volume control on the radio quit, the front passenger door and rear door won't lock anymore, the USB port died, the left rear passenger door handle fell off (still beats a Ford "Exploder" though).........and the list goes on. But I have to reiterate. It's been a most reliable vehicle. Low maintenance, decent gas mileage. Great AC/heater. My only regret is that I paid too much for it.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By lmcintyre001@att.net

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car and it has been amazing! I've only had it in the shop 4 times in the 130,000 miles I've owned it and none of those were "major" repairs. With regular maintenance and oil changes, this vehicle has been everything I hoped it would be!

I will stick with Kia after owning one.
By Victoria

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It's everything I want in a safe and reliable car for my family. The only issue I have had so far is the HVAC unit which I will be getting fixed. Other than that, the car is great and I plan to stick with Kia after this one has run its course.

not happy
By thomas89

2006 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 KIA Sportage 2.7 v6 4x4. I like the car but lately it has not been good. I only have 19000 mile on it and keep it in a garage. At 18000 miles the engine started to miss and the check engine light came on. I took it to the KIA dealer and after 5 visits and changing parts that did not fix it and paying for them, they finally fixed it by changing the plugs and the ignition wires. I was charged 5 times the price I would have paid at Auto Barn or Pep Boys. For what KIA charges for the plugs and wires they should last a lot, lot longer then 18000 miles and they should have changed them first. These parts should have been changed under the warranty.