Used 2005 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sportage for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Best vehicle I've ever owned

pattistolar, 07/18/2013

I love my 2005 Sportage. I've had it since it was 6 months old and it's never given me any problems whatsoever! It's 8 years old now, with 160,000 km and is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Just change the oil and it just keeps on going. Great in the snow too with just all seasons tires. Yay for Kia!!

Don't knock it 'til you try it!

jordans_stang, 03/31/2014

I am impressed. My wife and I have a 2012 Mustang and a 2013 Elantra and decided we wanted a cheap 3rd car to go off-roading and camping. I was so impressed with our Elantra that I decided to look at Sportages and Tucsons. I found that Sportages were listed cheaper, so I tested one. I actually really loved so much about it and so did my wife so we got it for such a good deal. It has so many features for a 2005! We took it up the mountain in 4 inches of fresh snow and it never slipped once--even going up steep hills. It easily tackled rocky and bumpy steep hills, too. I am more than impressed and cannot wait to go camping in the next few months. It has 125,000 miles on it and runs so smooth!

Why I buying another Sportage

BOB PECK, 08/14/2009

The KIA Sportage pleases everyone in our family. The gas mileage is excellent @ 20 in city and 27 hwy with a V6! The ride is absolutely excellent. We enjoy the flexibility of the interior for hauling golf clubs and whatever. The KIA gets many compliments from everyone who rides in it. I am so pleased that after 41,000 miles it has had no issues whatsoever. Just change the oil and put gas in it. I recommend the Sportage to anyone who wants a fun, reliable small SUV.

Never Ever had a problem

clash9898, 02/21/2010

The Kia Sportage is great. I have had mine since it came out and never had a single problem with it. it's fun to drive especially when i use the manual with the auto clutch. it gets great gas millage and performs great in snow with its 4wd. all around a great vehicle and i respect Kia because of it's performance and reliability.

2005 Kia Sportage LX 2.7L V6 Automatic

pjwildes, 10/11/2012

Bought used 3 yrs ago with 48000 on it. Just turned 100,000. I have only needed to replace tires, brakes, & timing belt assembly recommended at 100,000, & rear wheel bearing. I love this little Sportage! Gets 18 to 24 mpg depending on winter or summer. I put tow package on it for my pop up camper, pulls easily. Issues I have is the parking lights burn out constantly, and the hatch door latches are somewhat stuck, odd. Runs great, it's peppy! Regular oil changes & tire rotations are the only "maintenance" I've had to perform. Wish it had a higher towing capacity for the V-6 but learned its because it has a light-duty rear axle. Can't speak for the newer Sportages, but this one is awesome!

3 years and still love it!

Bakersfield Joe, 09/17/2009

I have not had any probs with this car whatsover! Total confidence in it! Drive it to Vegas from central California all the time and never ever worry! I did have the brakes replaced once at 40k now with over 60k everything still runs awesome! I have the 6cyl and mileage ranges from 18-22mpg. And it's really stylish!

Reliable, comfortable SUV with a lot of extras!!!

Kent Larson, 09/13/2016
EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When compared with other SUV's out there, you can't beat Kia for the value for the money. So many extras that come standard that you pay more for with other brands. They just keep making them better and seem to know exactly what the discerning car-buying public is looking for! This car drives as good as when we bought it almost 100,000 miles ago, with more miles to go!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

TIM, 03/23/2007

Gets 21 miles to the gallon. Stalls at stops/near stops. Have taken it in 2 times to be fixed, and they are unable to do anything about. Have had numerous other problems in the past 1.8 years. Generally, a poorly made vehicle. Am now getting rid of it.

First Impressions on the Sportage

candjfields, 08/22/2010

Purchased my 2005 Kia Sportage (EX w/ V6 and 4WD) late August w/ 66k mi. Very impressed by the interior quality. Leather seats (heated) are comfortable and controls are easily accessible. Impressed by the engine, as it has a good amount of power for 2.7 liter. "Sport shift" shines when upshifting. Downshifts w/ the Sport shift seem to be overly harsh in lower RPM ranges (under 3K). Two car seats fit easily in the back seats. So far, a good purchase.

My Kia

Pat, 03/14/2009

I needed and inexpensive vehicle quickly. I was plesantly surprised with my Sportage. I get about 20 MPG with the six cylinder engine.

12345...14