Used 2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Mileage disaster
By imtoad

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car except for the mileage. It is rated 19 mpg city but despite the fact that I am very rarely ever stuck in traffic, I rarely average over 14.2 mpg.

Flat folding seats.

Better mileage.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
By TIM

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Gets 21 miles to the gallon. Stalls at stops/near stops. Have taken it in 2 times to be fixed, and they are unable to do anything about. Have had numerous other problems in the past 1.8 years. Generally, a poorly made vehicle. Am now getting rid of it.

looking for something else
By angryKowner

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

At first I loved it, despite the fact that at the dealer when I had to take it back for a missing cup holder and a wash that didn't happen. It was dry wiped but once I got home and decided to wash it myself I saw why, they had ran into something, a dent and some scratches with yellow paint was on it. But I let it go, it had been christened. Not even 2 years old yet and has been towed twice during this winter weather. First they said it was frozen and or flooded. Second time they did a fuel induction ($171.00 out of pocket) thinking that was the cause of it not wanting to start...not. The next time it didn't start I used a blanket to cover the engine over night, it started! Silly but true.

It has diminished to just the head and leg room and the cd player sound. I had planned on taking a long drive to Georgia when I thought it handled well and would be dependable. Now I wouldn't dare go 40 miles away from home in it. So much for my anniversary gift. My 1996 Toyota is more dependable.

At this point I would have to say they need to go back to the drawing board and revamp the engine. Last year was a mild winter and it ran ok, this winter it would not start on the cold days and it had nothing to do with the battery or the hazardous material they said was in the fuel line.

Love it!
By ccordes

2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We actually traded in our Sorento for the Sportage because of the better gas mileage and couldn't be happier. It's a cute little SUV that you can get for a great price. We've had it for almost two years now and driven halfway across the country in it and haven't had any problems with it. The only reason we might get rid of this is because of our expanding family. It would be a tight squeeze with two carseats or a carseat and a booster seat and luggage for four!

Great Little SUV
By sportage

2005 Kia Sportage LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Sportage that I have purchased and have enjoyed everything about both cars. The first was a 2000 model and was very happily surprised when the 2005 model came out. Purchased in a hurry and have not been disappointed. Would recommend this car to anyone.

The comfortable interior and ride.

Offer moon roof and back seat air conditioning.