Used 2005 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Mixed Feeklings
By KIAKURSE

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The check engine light has been on from day one. I spent too much time at the dealer attempting to resolve the problem. I have just under 100,000 miles and the transmission is being replaced for the third and last time, since I don't plan to keep it to have the fourth one installed.

Basically a decent vehicle to drive.

The biggest drawback is a reliabe Transmission Transmission Transmission

My Kia
By Pat

2005 Kia Sportage LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed and inexpensive vehicle quickly. I was plesantly surprised with my Sportage. I get about 20 MPG with the six cylinder engine.

It handels well even with 70,000 miles on it

The radio CD player is garbage. They really need to improve it. On AM it sounds really bad. This is an expensive vehicle to maintain. The 60,000 mile service is around 1000 bucks. The engine appears to have dome style pistons. If the timimg belt breaks, you can kiss the engine goodbye.

Tire Issue
By eve

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love most everything about the car except having to change the tires so often. Have 112K on it and have changed out 4 sets. Redid struts & still going through tires.

Fold down 60/40 split back & front passenger seats.

Tire wear and gas mileage

Glad I bought Kia
By maryt

2005 Kia Sportage EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Sportage 3 years and really love it. Handles well, carries everything I need. I downsized from a Blazer and could not be happier. The few times I have had to have it serviced have been good experiences.

Handling, frigid A/C

Better gas mileage, keyless entry, roof rack carrier bars, and rear section cover should all be standard not options. Radio controls on steering wheel

Love this little SUV!
By Jaxnurse

2005 Kia Sportage LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this only a week ago for my teenage daughter, but have driven it enough to say that I absolutely love it. It's fun to drive, very perky for a 4 cyl. It's a basic model, so had a keyless remote installed for $100, but that's OK. I don't miss the bells and whistles at all, as it's got all you need. The stereo is nice, the AC kicks, the steering is tight and it brakes on a dime. I feel this car is save for my daughter, and that says a lot. I'm thinking of buying one for myself next year when I get rid of my Nissan!

Already listed above

Probably have already been addressed in newer models (standard cruise, keyless entry, etc.