Used 2005 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Sportage SUV

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

First Impressions on the Sportage
By candjfields

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2005 Kia Sportage (EX w/ V6 and 4WD) late August w/ 66k mi. Very impressed by the interior quality. Leather seats (heated) are comfortable and controls are easily accessible. Impressed by the engine, as it has a good amount of power for 2.7 liter. "Sport shift" shines when upshifting. Downshifts w/ the Sport shift seem to be overly harsh in lower RPM ranges (under 3K). Two car seats fit easily in the back seats. So far, a good purchase.

Leather seats (heated), sun roof, full- time 4WD w/ 4WD lock (for snow, mud, sand), MPG status read out, floor organizer in the rear, in-cabin air filter. So far, it's been easy to work on (i.e. replacing light bulbs, air filter, etc.). Like how quite the interior is, even at 80 Mph. In-dash 6 CD.

Exterior paint. Have a silver finish and the it's already fading along the top of the doors and the side mirrors. Feel like the addition of 5th gear for the automatic transmission (2.7L V6) would help increase the MPG for highway traveling.

Never Ever had a problem
By clash9898

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Kia Sportage is great. I have had mine since it came out and never had a single problem with it. it's fun to drive especially when i use the manual with the auto clutch. it gets great gas millage and performs great in snow with its 4wd. all around a great vehicle and i respect Kia because of it's performance and reliability.

4wd, comfortable interior, manual option with auto clutch,plenty of leg room, fold down seats, big trunk, just a great vehicle

i really don't know what to say this vehicle has a good balance of power and efficiency and also has plenty of leg room .

KIA REALY IS THE POWER TO SURPRISE
By Juilo Porven

2005 Kia Sportage SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle before I moved out from Florida to North Carolina. I have made several road trips with this car and it has never giving me a problem. I maintain it at the dealership and have done every required service when it is due. The service I get is better than some Lexus or Mercedes dealerships. I also own a 06 Rio Sedan and have been very happy with it also. Like most folk I did the researsh on this vehicle and compared it to the Honda's and Toyota's. But when you look at the warranty and the value for your dollar the KIA Sportage wins hands down. I would recommend this vehicle to any one that wants a good SUV at a great price.

The styling, ride, comfort, sound system, reliability and the servicing

A nicer automatic shifter a little more horsepower.

3 years and still love it!
By Bakersfield Joe

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had any probs with this car whatsover! Total confidence in it! Drive it to Vegas from central California all the time and never ever worry! I did have the brakes replaced once at 40k now with over 60k everything still runs awesome! I have the 6cyl and mileage ranges from 18-22mpg. And it's really stylish!

Love the fold down seat that go totally flat and have hard plastic so very durable! I've moved some big heavy stuff, even squeezed a washer n dryer in the back...a lil scrunched in the front but saved me a trip! Love the leather too! People tell me that they thought it was a Lexus or BMW @ 1st look!

Steering wheel radio controls. Rear a/c.

Why I buying another Sportage
By BOB PECK

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The KIA Sportage pleases everyone in our family. The gas mileage is excellent @ 20 in city and 27 hwy with a V6! The ride is absolutely excellent. We enjoy the flexibility of the interior for hauling golf clubs and whatever. The KIA gets many compliments from everyone who rides in it. I am so pleased that after 41,000 miles it has had no issues whatsoever. Just change the oil and put gas in it. I recommend the Sportage to anyone who wants a fun, reliable small SUV.

Performance and handling.