Used 2005 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Sportage SUV

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Time to come out of the swamp
By Seniorcit.

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Kia should change its swamp buggy style advertising of the new Sportage and promote it for the classy smart vehicle it now is. With its stylish design and great performance it can hold its own with other similar type vehicles that cost thousands of dollars more.

Dual opening rear hatch, spare wheel stored inside, sportmatic shift, heated seats for cold Canadian winters and lights, cruise and wipers on separate switch, smooth operating control switches.

Change clock location -- difficult to read in sunlight. Add outside temperature thermometer/direction readout.

I was surprised!
By Ann

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research and comparison shopping before buying my KIA Sportage EX w/ leather package. My gut wanted to get a Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 for the obvious reasons, but neither had the features, ride, price, or warranty that won me over with the Sportage. I also live in the city and for practical reasons a hatchback was a MUST for me - not a side opening trunk. I almost bought the Hyundai Tucson (identical to the Sportage), but just prefered some of the slight styling & gadgets in the Sportage better (ie. different trunk covers). So far it has lived up to my expectations. Definitely has the best features and warranty for the best price.

I can fit into ANY parking space, hatchback, all seats fold down flat w/o having to take the headrests off, lots of cargo space, V6, very spacious even in backseat, ALL the safety features, interior feels luxurious, 5YR bumper- bumper, 5YR roadside, 10YR powertrain warranty. EX features are worth it.

V6 is good but could use even more pep. I'm getting 18-19 city and 23-25 hwy. With gas $$ these days fuel economy can always be better. I'd like to see a hybrid.

excellent car all around
By eric nees

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

just moved across the country about 2700 miles in 4 days. car towed a trailer wiht no problem. of course with in factory specs. ran real well up and down hills. would recommend to a friend.

tach, fold down seats, trans.

radio controls on steering wheel,rear a/c and heat ducts, better cup holders,height adjustment on seat

Love my Kia
By Charlie & Amy

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at many GM SUVs. The prices with a limited warranty was outrageous. This is our first non GM vehicle. So far we love it. The 100,000 warranty sold me. Hopefully we will continue to love it and we will have a long relationship with Kia. The prices are $4000-$10,000 less than GM.

MP3, Sunroof, awesome smooth ride

nice car
By jack

2005 Kia Sportage SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently traded in a 2002 Honda cr-v for a Kia. The reason I traded in the Honda was because of some very annoying rattles in the dash area. Took it in 3 times and it was never found, and that's the problem with rattles. Nothing more than a defect that can't be fixed. Of course, I'm hoping the same doesn't happen with the Kia.

elegant, roomy.

Overall it's a pretty competitive car