Used 2000 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sportage for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Over 200k!

nobother, 08/19/2010
EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased mine used 6 years ago to get me through the snowy mountains of Virginia, and it has never let me down. I drive it about 3500 miles per month and so far these are the only repairs: brakes, tires, 02 sensor (at 150k miles), batteries (gone through several of these), power window switch. Cloth seats feel cheap, but otherwise the interior is well planned and accessories are convenient. Exterior, for me, is pretty rough--it sort of looks like a beefy go-cart. I would recommend one for a new driver who will have to deal with inclement weather conditions. Easy to maneuver in snow/rain, easy to park, and there is plenty of glass all the way around so drivers can see surroundings

Great SUV for the money

williwasfirst, 09/04/2011
4dr SUV 4WD

I had a 2000 Kia Sportage base automatic 4x4 (there is no option for that exact car on Edmunds form here so I picked the closest. I drove this car from about 15,000 miles to 100,000, cross country and back. There are nicer SUVs out there obviously but this one was reliable and inexpensive. It's also kind of fun to drive. The 4x4 is great in snow. Also if you live in the city and park on the street you will love it. At 156 inches long, it's very easy to parallel park. I was always amazed at the spots I could fit in. Easier than a Honda Civic.

Love This Car

Grandpappybear, 04/02/2007
2dr SUV 4WD

All used cars have their bugs, so far mine have been small problems, dealer service is expensive, but I still love this car. Most comfortable seats I have ever sat in! I'm a big guy, 300 lbs, so that's great for 6'1". I have a few little noises going on, haven't quite figured out what they are, but so far they have caused no problems. I bought it used also.

KIA OWNER

DADEPO@AOL.COM, 03/28/2002
4dr SUV

I LOVE KIA AUTOMOBILES I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMENED THEM AND WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE MY SELF

Best Car I Have Ever Owned (for the $$$)

Will, 12/07/2004
4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Sportage used with about 18,000 miles on it. We're at 90,000 now. There have been no significant problems with this SUV. It's GREAT in snow. We've driven coast to coast in it twice, and it's never let us down. No, it's not a Porsche Cayenne or something. Yes, it would be nice if it had a V-6 (hey, they make them that way now). But overall, when you consider how economical it is to buy and own, it's a great value. Of the approximately 25 cars I've owned over the years, this is my favorite, at least when you consider VALUE in the mix.

12345...11