Used 1998 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sportage for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

don't buy

rodeodog, 06/27/2002
EX 4dr SUV

30,000 miles time belt shredded, 12,000 miles replaced heater fan, 45,000 miles tires dry rotted and manufacturer (Hankook)refused to adjust, no power, 70,000 miles exhaust system replaced,uncomfortable to ride long distance, paint peeled off fender and running board mud shields, manufacturer would not discuss, Difficult to get to the sparkplugs to replace, etc

VERY UNSAFE VEHICLE

TJJTRUCKER, 01/13/2004
4dr SUV 4WD

DO NOT BUY, VERY UNSAFE, HIT POLE AT 25 MPH, TOTALED CAR, SPEND 1 WEEK IN HOSPITAL, CAN NOT BELIEVE I PUT MY SON IN THIS CAR. SPENT MORE TIME IN SHOP THAN I DROVE IT. RUSTED OUT BACK END, 4 WD WENT OUT TWICE, DOOR HANDLES WOULD NOT WORK, FUEL TANK, FUEL PUMP, SPARK PLUGS, BATTERY, WIPERS, FRONT BRAKES, COIL WIRE, STARTER, WASHER NOZZLES, YOU NAME IT.

Poor Purchase!

Wendy, 04/16/2002
4dr SUV 4WD

I bought th 98 Sportage thinking it was a cute little sporty 4-wheel drive that I would find useful. Unfortunately it wasn't useful because something was broke on it every 3-6 months. I wasn't impressed with the service of the dealership either. Now at 60,000 I'm faced with trading it in because of the horrible problems I'm facing. The warranty is no longer effective and the repairs are just too expensive. I'll be paying my way out of this for quite some time.

the biggest mistake i ever did

svetlana, 06/27/2002
EX 4dr SUV

when i purchesed the car on march 26 2002i had nothing but i major problems and still does and they can never find a problem i would never recomend to any one or but it my self kia again or deal with thatg dealership they take advantage of people i wish i never got this car it still have more problems than i know what to do with

BIG MISTAKE

Monterrey, 08/09/2002
4dr SUV 4WD

The worst car I have ever owned. Consistantly one problem after another, each time I would give it the benefit of the doubt believing that this was the last problem, it never was. I have spent thousands of dollars in repairs and have had horrible experiences with the Kia dealership. No one else is familiar with Kia's so they all told me to go to the Kia dealers plus I could still get a warrenty out of it, that never happened once. I'm happy to tell anyone to not even consider this brand. I've had it for 1 year and I'm selling it now and have lost half my value, big waste of money!!!!

12345...6