Skip to main content

Used Sportage for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
1.13 out of 5 stars

VERY UNSAFE VEHICLE

TJJTRUCKER, 01/13/2004
1998 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

DO NOT BUY, VERY UNSAFE, HIT POLE AT 25 MPH, TOTALED CAR, SPEND 1 WEEK IN HOSPITAL, CAN NOT BELIEVE I PUT MY SON IN THIS CAR. SPENT MORE TIME IN SHOP THAN I DROVE IT. RUSTED OUT BACK END, 4 WD WENT OUT TWICE, DOOR HANDLES WOULD NOT WORK, FUEL TANK, FUEL PUMP, SPARK PLUGS, BATTERY, WIPERS, FRONT BRAKES, COIL WIRE, STARTER, WASHER NOZZLES, YOU NAME IT.

1.5 out of 5 stars

don't buy

rodeodog, 06/27/2002
1998 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV

30,000 miles time belt shredded, 12,000 miles replaced heater fan, 45,000 miles tires dry rotted and manufacturer (Hankook)refused to adjust, no power, 70,000 miles exhaust system replaced,uncomfortable to ride long distance, paint peeled off fender and running board mud shields, manufacturer would not discuss, Difficult to get to the sparkplugs to replace, etc

4.13 out of 5 stars

What do you expect from this car?

KennyRayRay, 10/27/2005
1998 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

I've driven my '98 Sportage from day 1. 7 years now. It's had a few problems. Most annoying was that I had to replace the starter about 4 times. $300 bucks a pop. It's a cheap, little car. You didn't spend $50K on a BMW. You spent $12K on a Kia. It's been a great car for me. If it died today, I got my money worth. Repairs and all. Most people don't post things on this site unless they are REALLY happy or REALLY upset with a car. I was tired of listening to people moan about this particular car that has been good to me.

2.5 out of 5 stars

Poor Purchase!

Wendy, 04/16/2002
1998 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought th 98 Sportage thinking it was a cute little sporty 4-wheel drive that I would find useful. Unfortunately it wasn't useful because something was broke on it every 3-6 months. I wasn't impressed with the service of the dealership either. Now at 60,000 I'm faced with trading it in because of the horrible problems I'm facing. The warranty is no longer effective and the repairs are just too expensive. I'll be paying my way out of this for quite some time.

1.25 out of 5 stars

the biggest mistake i ever did

svetlana, 06/27/2002
1998 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV

when i purchesed the car on march 26 2002i had nothing but i major problems and still does and they can never find a problem i would never recomend to any one or but it my self kia again or deal with thatg dealership they take advantage of people i wish i never got this car it still have more problems than i know what to do with

12345...6