Used 2009 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Great Car
By Ken Ross

2009 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Spectra Ex Sedan (4) days ago and I really like it. I haven't had it very long and I haven't taken it for a long drive yet. I feel that the car was a great buy.

Everything!

Nothing yet!

First new car ever, Spectra EX
By Trevor Totman

2009 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had my Spectra for very long, but so far it has been the best car I've owned. It's quite zippy for a grocery getter,even with it being an automatic transmission. Stereo system(hey, I'm 24, this is important stuff!) is great. I love that I've got an auxillary jack and I love the hidden charger in the middle console. It helps keep wires out of the way, and you can set your MP3 player or iPod/iPhone inside to keep it from sliding all over the car. The DOHC is a nice touch, but I wish the fuel economy could be a hair better. All in all, a nice roomy car that is incredibly affordable and great for the post college kid or the starting family.

Stereo, great standard brakes(sorry haters, take care of your car or don't go to a shady dealer), great acceleration and wonderfully roomy with all sorts of nooks and crannies.

Antilock brakes should be standard, I suppose this doesn't matter anymore though. Better fuel economy

Spectra 2009 EX Sedan
By Tony Salvatore

2009 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car was bought used on lease return to dealer. Low mileage and "like new." Used primarily to commute to work and local/light out-of-town job travel. So far averages about 28 MPG. Vehicle handles well, very responsive, and perky. No problem merging into fast freway traffic or running 2-3 hours at turnpike speeds. Haven't tried it in snow but it is okay in torrential rains. Looked at same year Civics, Sentras, and Focuses (I like sub- compacts). Spectra offered best balance of price, features, and low mileage.

Tight turning radius; easy to get in/out of, park; comfortable at highway speeds.

4-wheel disc brakes/anti-lock brakes; unexposed radion antenna (these are moot as model was discontinued).

Bad Spectra
By kennyg

2009 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. I have an intermittent (has happened about 25 times) problem when the brake pedal will go soft while braking and the car takes a greater distance to stop. The dealer cannot replicate, this time they drove car 53 miles. KIA national does nothing to help me with this problem. I have had to pay for a rental car. The car is going to hurt someone, probably me. I will never buy another KIA. You get what you pay for.

Fix the brakes

So Far So Good!
By MJ DeYoung

2009 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new last August, so this is its first winter. So far so good! Honestly, no complaints (-:

peppy, decent on gas, nice dashboard display

include remote start (-: