Used 2008 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Lemon
By Disappointed

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car less than a month ago and has already been in the shop twice. First mistake was buying used but I guess they saw a sucker coming. I got a lemon. Service dept. tells me its bad spark plug wires and spark plugs. Really every two weeks. They cannot replace them all until defective if under warranty. Really? Bet my warranty runs out first.

Disgusted
By Tony

2008 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Do not believe any favorable since they must be written by all of the useless salesmen who cannot sell the Kia Brand. Tires horrible, front end struts and steering arm, water sloshing, bad paint job, rear end noise. Never again. Buying Chevrolet.

Terrible trans!
By disgusted

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First transmission replaced at 17,000 miles, 2nd at 23,000. Water "sloshing" around somewhere in the dash/floor area that "can't be fixed". I like the warranty, but when the car's in the shop, you're stranded. No rental, no loaner, just stranded. I paid $950 for a used Mazda 626 with 175k on it and it's way more reliable than this!

that i can one day pay it off and get rid of it!

buy American!

Wanted a Wagon
By Greg

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall i like the car it's got good power and a lot of features for the money. It has a quit cabin and handles bumps in the road like a more expensive car. I have been on a few camping trips with this car and it was a joy to drive.

My favorite features are the good power, the good looks and the interior looks like a more expensive interior.

I would like the drivers seat to adjust lower then it does, i sit too high. also i don't no what it is but i am having trouble getting used to the clutch but i can jump into a new honda for example and i can work the clutch perfectly with zero learning time, i work in a garage so i drive many cars.

My only Problem is Humming Noise
By Dwight Judd

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the car it has great pick up. Now the problem that I'm having is when I'm driving the car and the wind is blowing at the passenger side of the car I'm picking up a high pitching humming noise inside the car sounds like it's coming from the driver side dash and window area but not sure.

My wife is short and she loves the way the drivers seat goes up. And our son is tall and there's room for him in the back. I also like that pad on the driver sides floor board.

Make the seats electrical because she has lupus in her joints and it makes it tough for her some days