Used 2007 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Still Going!
By M D Wright

2007 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Kia Spectra brand new in Sept of 2007. Over 417,000 later, Still Going Strong! Standard reccomended maintenance.

Good car
By Kevin

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very small car(Im 6'0) but reliable, mines had the navigation system, fast to go around small/tight corners, felt like a sports car! so those was the best part.. had issues with the brakes(pads, disc, etc) but once i got them fixed it was great again! also had problems with the power steering but it was just one of the belts was to tight. Surprised how WELL it drove in the snow also (Live In Massachusetts).. Had a couple more issues with bearings and control arms and stuff like that but it was because of all the potholes around my area and sometimes my crazy driving when late to work, etc.. GREAT MPG ALSO!
Overall its a great car but for people that arent to big/tall or even with family of four, to crowded/small and uncomfortable especially going on long trips!
Bought this car when i was single so it helped out big time! Now having a family of four had to get rid of it and get something bigger!
I would definelty recommend this car but only if single or just in a relationship with no kids lol...
(Had it for 2 full years)

Don't buy Kia
By Lorri

2007 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Don't buy Kia. I have had my Kia for 7 years and the check engine light has come on and off since I owned it. brought it in a few time to a dealer and they can't find anything wrong with it. now I have to have it emission tested and the check engine light is on so it failed. Kia won't do anything about it of course because it is out of warranty.

Great car! Great MPG! Best car I have ever owned!
By Vos

2007 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would have been happy with this car even if I had spent much more on it. With proper maintenance I did nothing to this car, and before I wrecked it in December it had 176,000 miles. I was very pleased with safety options, after a semi turned in front of me I totaled it, but was left uninjured. You could see how its design left it crunched in the front, but left cabin unaffected. Before the crash I was optimistic about making it to 250,000 miles, as the car still responded the same as the day I bought it new. The MPG's were great, normally averaging 33. It was not much to look at, but if you are looking for a reliable little car it will beat anything.

I love my Kia Spectra 5 SX
By Swiffy

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new in 2007, and I did not regret it. I have now 120000 miles on it and all I basically had to put in was money for new tires and brakes. I have done oil changes regularly and lately replaced all the belts, just in case, but it runs just fine and it has done so from day one. No recalls, no faulty airbags, no nothing. Good customer service from a dealer ship and easy handling - I am very satisfied with my car. It drives when it is dry, when it rains, through ice and snow, good traction, nothing to worry.

I have to laugh when I see commercials for all the 'most bought' and 'most reliable' cars, still 'on the road after 10 years' etc and I think of all the recalls all of the big automakers constantly have. No matter how old you car or truck is, there is a recall. I had none and that pretty much satisfies me. And no exploding faulty airbags to worry about, even better.