Used 2006 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Look out Toyota and Honda
By Tango6

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car just before we got married. I have owned a few Hondas and Toyotas in my lifetime. After researching Kia, I felt it would be an OK car. Now 77,000 miles later, we have had no mechanical problems and the car still gets better than 30 MPG. It easily made 4 trips from Columbus, GA to El Paso, TX. The wife uses to go to work every day(12 miles one way) and for all of her shopping needs. We occasionally make weekend trips of about 400 mile. Overall this car has impressed me. It's not the fun driving car my Audi is, but it doesn't have that price tag either. Only normal maintenance and a set of brakes and tires at this point.

Really good gas mileage and plenty of power for this little car. A good bit of room for passengers and luggage. Don't worry about looking for cup holders as this one has plenty. I do my own oil changes and everything is very accessible.

Should have made ABS a standard feature. The seats are good for daily driving and upto 6-8 hour trips. They could be improved for longer trips(cross country).

I love my new car :-)
By adamsmith2306

2006 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a safe, reliable, fuel efficient car, and needless to say I got it. I get about 33 mpg, great space for a small looking car. I have a black '06 spectra sx 5 speed stick shift, w/tinted windows, rims, and a spoiler. It looks very sporty. I love my car and would highly recommend it to all

4 wheel disc brakes, full air bags, gas mileage, the zippiness, its actually pretty quick. The sporty look, the nice stock rims, how simple it is to drive and the peace of mind it gives me

A better sounding stereo, standard abs (was an option if u buy new.) But besides little things really nothing I didn't like

My last new car before I retire.
By Huibert Venema

2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a new compact station wagon. I drove by a KIA dealer and saw a red Spectra 5 on display, it was love at first sight. Test drove and purchased it within a half hour. The sales transaction was flawless. My Spectra 5 fits my lifestyle perfectly. I enjoy camping and drive the back roads with gusto, never a squeel or out of control. 30,000 miles and 3 years later, I still hand wash it (2 bucket style) with love and care. Thank you KIA.

The suspension is perfectly tuned for all road and load conditions. Interior Lack of interior road noise. Fit and Interior quiteness and finish. Fuel economy. Practical and well thought out features. Spacious interior for a compact vehicle.

Exterior temperature guage and thicker exterior paint.

Everything better than expected
By Gene

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For a first new car purchase, I researched thoroughly through Edmunds and Consumer Reports. After 3 years, this car has surpassed my expectations, no complaints whatsoever. Excellent gas mileage, plenty of head and leg room, car has been consistently dependable in all driving situations. Have had it on 1000+ mile trip @ continuous speeds of 80mph, and have needed peppiness in interstate traffic as of late, the car keeps meeting expectations. The only complaint was one tire with a separated belt somewhere in it, didn't figure this out until after warranty was out on tires, no fault of car manufacturer. Car still runs fine, just low noise from the tire, faint wobble when rotated to front.

Plenty of storage space and room for such a small car. Love the gas mileage. Air conditioning is consistently cold, everything is still operating just as brand new.

More AC ports for electronics devices. A sunroof option would have been nice. Better styling on steel wheels.

Great buy!
By Jesse

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Kia Spectra after reading good reviews on the car and I have not been disappointed. I commute over 100 miles per day for work and (over 90%) hwy driving) and this car gives exceptional mileage. I have a large Dodge truck so I needed something fuel efficient and comfortable and this car does not disappoint. The build quality is really high and the materials feel as high quality as a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civit (and a step above a Mazda 3) I would recommend anyone to purchase this car. You will not be disappointed.

Style, Comfort, and fuel Economy