Used 2006 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Never had a problem
By christinea

2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car. I had it for 5 years, and I never had ANY issues. I did have to take off the front spoiler because it scraped on the driveway. I never had any work done on it in 5 years (other than oil/brakes/tires). I averaged 25 mpg till the last day. I was in an accident on the highway at lower speed, and the airbag deployed right away, BUT my head never hit ANYTHING. I came out 99% okay, just some minor whiplash. I 100% recommend this car. Turns great, isn't very noisy, accelerates nicely, quality interior, efficient.

Still love the car, not a fan of customer service
By weezul

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Reviewed the vehicle 3 1/2 years after buying, has now been 5 1/2 years.
2 issues since the last review for the vehicle.
Started to experience a stiff pinging noise in the front driver side sometime last summer when the vehicle was cold and taking hard left turns slowly. Contributed it to a failing shock, my service manager misdiagnosed twice as brake pad backing plate that needed adjusting.
They finally tightened down the shock's cap nut, which stopped the noise.
The other issue started two months ago, my passenger mirror and driver side door handle are both peeling the clear coat.
Falls out of the 3yr/36 month warranty, but I wrote to express my concerns to corporate, with no results.

Fuel efficiency, roominess, drivability, sunglasses holder.

Extra padding on console and arm rests on the doors.

My best car yet.
By williametc

2006 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car certified pre owned in august of 2009 and I loved everything about it. I bought it to replace my 99' GMC jimmy which honestly, I drove to hell and back. The spectra went right along with me as well; it was reliable, comfortable, and quick. Albeit, I only owned this car for a little over a year not once did anything go wrong with it. I am a 20 something guy, you can imagine how I drove this car and it held up every mile. It held all of my friend comfortably and the sound system was plenty loud enough for even myself. When someone eventually plowed right into me I came out only jostled and a few bruises, the car held up a lot better than you would think a KIA would.

5 speed manual transmission, 24 MPG city, Sporty look, get up and go 2 liter engine.

I would like to see a AWD forte/spectra, I am a huge fan of AWD.

Great car
By Coty2000

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Travel 50 miles each way with this roller skate. Absolutely reliable! Not a thing wrong in 3 years and 72,000. Change the oil 3500 and put gas in it and away you go. Have a 2994 sorento as well. Another great car. 82k and not a thing wrong, ever. Also have a 2006 Audi a4. Forgetaboutit! Never again!

Great little ride
By 2006 kia great car

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Drove from NY to AZ in 2 days average speed of 80. took it up to 105 a few times with confidence. Great car for the money. Good gas mileage. $20 bucks get u at least a half tank! 400 miles to a tank.

AC is cold even in AZ