Used 2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Gotta Love It
By crowbar

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Right out of the gate, this car has curb appeal in spades. The sporty looks are fitting after experiencing the way this car handles, and it is indeed a fun ride. The additional features that come standard is impressive, and I couldn’t help but be impressed with the headroom. Fact is, this car is roomy everywhere. The list of standard safety features is also impressive, and many are not even available from other manufacturers.

Sporty driving characteristics, decent mileage, and great looks. Combine that with a hefty list of standard features and this car is a bargain.

The hatch closing could be improved, and the sound system could definitely use a boost.

Great New Car!
By Pink Panda

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I just bought our new Kia Spectra 5 and love it. We didn't really want a Kia, but when we test drove the Spectra 5, we changed out minds. I love the look of it and the extras we got like sunroof and cruise control. It drives really well - smooth and quiet. And best of all, it's fun to drive! And let's not forget the warranty we have on it, we don't have to worry about costly repairs. We also purchased the gap insurance which is great in case the car gets totaled. Whatever the insurance won't pay, the gap insurance will cover the rest. Great piece of mind!

Cruise control, sunroof, back windshield wiper, sporty look.

None as of yet.

Fun car to drive
By Greg

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very fun car to drive. Am getting about 28 mpg city/hwy. Will improve as engine gets broken in. Seats four very comfortably & has lots of storage. Need to offer a upgraded sound system as an option. Standard stereo is nice but would like a little more power.

The standard safety features. The ground effects & the spunky 2.0 liter engine.

Extra power outlet & offer an upgraded sound system.

My Third Love
By YoDa6669

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I call it my third love after my wife #1 and son #2. I bought a black Spectra 5 back on January and compared to my old Hyundai Accent '96 I traded-in, is like floating on a cloud. I love this car! It has more standard featured that the
Focus, the Mazda3 or the Matrix (I compared all 3 by total price with the extra goodies). It's fast, roomy, and best of all, stylish. As soon as I get out, people compliment my car. That makes me real proud! It still works perfectly, no breakdowns, good on fuel economy, the a/c cools like a freezer. It's a shame that I don't see more of them on the road but that's good too in a way.

I just love the exterior design of the whole car. It looks so sporty and fast. A lot of seating space, nice stereo system, good handling and brake performance. Good fuel economy too. I love it.

Well I think the only improvements are: it needs more cargo space on the trunk and the transmission stick is not as smooth as I would like it. That`s it!

The Blue Streak
By WickedMobile

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my "5". I bought this vehicle based on MPG, price, storage capacity, safety, and comfort for the two of us. It's very devious in how small it looks outside, but how big on room it is inside. My fiancé is 6'3", 300lbs and isn't cramped. Knee room good. Passengers in the back have great room too. There are a lot of places to put stuff. Strong A/C. Handling is great for this compact car (dry). I went from a V6 to this 4 cylinder, and the only difference I see is that one needs a lot more oomph to accelerate rather quickly (It does use more gas in hillier areas.) Use the cruise! It took me a week to get used to no ABS. Sound system plays better with CDs than on AM/FM.

Sweet design for a compact car. Plenty of cup holders. Thank you for reminding me to fasten my seat belt with the constant blinker. Gas mileage much better than my previous vehicle (I just don't drive like a maniac).

One more cigarette lighter. Remove airbag light for something useful or nothing. Stronger back speakers (just a little). Help the hatch close so one doesn't have to slam it shut.