Used 2004 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Questionable reliability
By FASV

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I still like this car; however; only after 55,000 miles the alternator failed and at 67,000 the ac compressor had to be rebuilt. The alternator repair was covered by the warranty but the ac I had to pay for it. Recently I replaced the brakes for the first time and the timing belt and engine belts. Tires twice and battery twice as well. Other than that I still like the car but will think twice again of buying another Kia. The 60,000 miles warranty is for a reason.

Ride comfort interior space well designed dashboard and instruments paint quality seats fabric quality

Model already substituted by the forte

Cleaned out my wallet
By Bernice

2004 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Spectra used at 32,000. Following year we put in a new clutch. We had 4 CV joints put in and now the Rack and Pinion is gone. Car is at 64000 miles. The dealership wants $1200 to replace. Called Kia and they offered no help. Have spent tons of money on this car and it always makes funny noises. I found a friend to replace rack with a used one for $250.00. I am stuck with this car for now but would never buy anything from KIA.

I like a manual transmision

Better quality of parts and take care of your customers. If you take care of the people buying your products they will take care of YOU.

NEVER AGAIN!
By nothappy

2004 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I don’t know how or where to start. This car has been giving me problems from the start. The engine light goes on and off. The transmission has been replaced 3 times, the computer once, the alternator 1 time; the struts have been replaced twice. OMG! It has been my worse nightmare. I have missed so many days of work because of this. I wanted to sell it, but of course Kia does not hold their value. After I paid over 15,000 for this car, I only get $2,000 after 5 years with only 55,000 miles on it. I swear I would rather walk to work everyday before I buy another Kia. PLEASE do some research before you buy a Kia... They might be affordable, but you will pay so much at the end.

Nothing really.. pretty standard.

Everything in this car needs to be improved.

High gas use
By Martha

2004 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car but it uses a lot of gas. I take very good care of the car and go every 3 months for oil change and maintenance. When I drive long distance I get 32 miles a gallon and that is nice but most of the time I drive it in town not more that 8 miles each time and I get only 18 miles a gallon.

I love everything except the gas use.

2004 Kia
By Mack

2004 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent Vehicle!! I only had to buy new tires and perform the regular maintenance for this vehicles since I purchased it. Not a problem with it. If you take care of this vehicle, it will take care of you. Many people do not take care of their cars and expect them to last a long time. I tell you what, I am keeping my KIA and if I need to buy another vehicle, it will be a KIA! It is cheaper, I have all the toys and it rides great!

Automatic headlights shut off becuase I always leave them on.

none