Used 2003 Kia Spectra Base Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Mountain man
By Matt

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2003 Kia spectra and I drove up Tennessees tallest mountain with it. There were no other cars on the road and I think it took me an hour to get up the mountain. I almost thought I was going to to have to turn back. I had my foot full th royal on the gas and she was doing 30 but she made it up the mountain. I was scared. And one time I lost the front bumper and she ran like a kitten. The Japanese make a really good car and they don't screw me by trying to put sythetic oil in my car. I hate my 2003 Volkswagen all I've done since I had it is repair it.

Love my Kia!
By kiersten565

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my Kia for almost four years now, it was used as my dad's commuter car. I now have 220,000 miles on it and still going strong! Tires have been replaced, along with a new fuel filter and occasional oil changes and tire rotations but nothing major. I put almost 100 miles on it a day and it has great gas mileage. I'm so surprised at how long it's lasted for me. I will be very sad the day it gives up!

Review on 2003 KIA Spectra - After 6 Yrs
By David S

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am writing a quick review on my 2003 KIA Spectra. I purchased this car brand new, only 4 miles on it, in March of 2003. 6 Years and 110K miles later, the car is in great shape! No mechanical issues, no leaks. Paint is in excellent condition and it still drives great! I have only had to replace the battery and get new tires. Otherwise, followng the maintenance list, this car has held up wonderfully!

Overall design. Everything important is in driver's reach. Quality paint, has held up quite well.

Better materail for dash defroster vents. My only complaint is mine broke after year 4. It would of cost $750 to replace, according o KIA.

KIA Spectra
By Robin Skipper

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a nuisance since I bought it. I liked the look of it but I wish the people who sold it to me were a bit more honest. I think it had been in an accident and they didn't tell me. It was not detailed very well. The car itself has been nothing but trouble. I have put quite a bit of money into it. I will have it paid for in Oct. However, it now needs a catalytic converter. It's time to get rid of it. I hope I can get a decent price as I do not want a car payment. Thank you

Five years later!
By lovemykia!

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003 and I still love it! One review said it doesn't have child locks, but it does! Only a couple repairs and this car has been driven to death with very little maintenance. Had to take it to the dealer early on, forget what it was for but they fixed it at no charge. At 100K mi I just replaced the belt. It's needed five or six new headlights, brake pads at 60-70K, a new battery earlier this year, and only fully replaced tires once for wear. And my sun visor is broken. The car sucks up gas with the AC on high, even on the highway. Other than that, no trouble whatsoever and I give it a dependable rating of "10"

Can get well over 30 mi/gal (87 grade) all highway, city usually around 24-26, can stomp on the gas and not blow the engine, can't beat that price! 100K warranty though unnecessary, nice big windows so I can see the whole road, sits high off the ground for a little sedan, cheap to repair!

Little higher quality on the carpet would be nice and I terribly miss keyless entry