Used 2012 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Fun Little Car!!
By tayalynn77

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have almost 9,000 miles on my Kia Soul.
So far it’s doing great.
I am averaging about 32 mpg in the city.
Only one kid left at home now so I am down-sizing my life so I got rid of my luxury mini-van and went with the simplest and cheapest new car I could find.
I went with the 6 speed.
I bought the car with my business in mind so I have graphics and tinted windows installed.
I also purchased a center console/arm rest which I love.

The car is not the best for long trips.
I took it to Florida (about a 16 hour drive) and we nearly were blown off the highway a few times.
It handled fabulously other than that.
We even had an 18 wheeler tire explode just as we were passing the truck and my husband managed to drive and shuttle around the pieces of tire with no damage or incident.
Eventually this will become my husband’s every day car and I will get something better for traveling.
All in all, a great little car to scoot around town in!
Yesterday I got a letter from my dealer stating that they needed some 2012 Souls and wanted to try and put me in something else if I wanted to trade it in.
I’ll pass!

Love the 6 Speed Transmission and the Satellite Radio! Quite zippy!

Needs an armrest on ALL models for the driver. I found an aftermarket so it's not an issue now.

16,000 miles and no problems
By hamsterman1

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car is awesom. I have owned two Scion XB's. One was a 2005 and the other a 2006. Don't get me wrong it is a good car, but the Kia Soul beats the xb in every way. six speed is fun. features are awesome. I don't need all of the extra junk on the higher priced models. I average 36 miles to a gallon going 75mph 130 miles a day. I have put over 16,000 on this car with no problems. All I do is change the oil. I'm six foot and my son is 6 foot. even with the car loaded down (more cago than the xb) I still have plenty of power and tons of room. I bought this car because of price and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a good car at a great price. Then this is the car for you. Love u Kia!

The six speed makes driving this car way fun. stereo is awesom. seats are way more comfortable than my xb. lots more room in the trunk. I get compliments every place I go. all the gauges and features are at your fingertips. Car sits up higher than my xb did. Love all the air bags. My xb only had driver and passenger. I feel better knowing my kids are more protected in case of a crash. The warranty can't be beat. Only had a problem with the stereo antenna not connected. Kia fixed it in a day and gave me a free rental car. Kia's slogan should be who could ask for anything more, not a kia owner. Kia already gives you everything for less money.

These are not improvements, but it would be nice on a base model to have standard vanity mirrors. That is my wife's complaint. Not mine. I could care less. Don't need them. Other than that. Kia has done a great job on this car. I'm telling you. before you buy something else you need to check out the soul. Awesome!

My All Time Favorite!
By skrubs

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Kia Soul! I have owned 4 new cars in my lifetime and this one is my all time favorite.
It is fun to drive. It handles great on winding roads. It is a very cool looking car. My iPhone connects to it via Bluetooth so I can answer my phone by pushing a button on the steering wheel and listen through my speakers. I can play my iTunes playlist using the same technology.
Today I thought I would check to see if there were any recalls on my car, and the Kia isn't even listed in the NTSA site. That means no recalls for the entire line of Kia's. Plus you can't beat the warranty. Awesome car!

The way it drives/handles. Bluetooth

It isn't required, but if I were going to buy one again, I would probably buy the upgraded stereo with backup camera. There is a bit of a blind spot in the left/right back of the car, so you have to pay attention when backing out of parking spaces, etc. The interior isn't as big at it seems. My son's Hockey Locker (large) just fits in the back behind the seats. But I have to turn it on its side. Also, the back hatch window is bigger than the interior opening. So it appears to be bigger from the outside than it really is. Not all bad, because that means I can't see the hockey/lacrosse stickers I have on the corners of the window, from the inside of the car. No distractions.

Love it so far
By rltech07

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Soul+ for exactly 3 days, and I'm officially in love. This little car is comfortable, surprisingly spritely to drive, and very economical. We traded a 2002 Jeep Liberty, which is probably the polar opposite of a Kia. We gave up a tiny bit of cargo room and some horsepower. We gained state-of-the-art safety and a vehicle that is a joy to drive - so far. I realize it's early days. Something may go wrong, but right now I feel like this is not just a car, it's a large, gas sipping pet.

Front visibility, options, gas mileage, cargo space, overall design.

For what it is, I wouldn't suggest many improvements. A few more horsepower maybe. Homelink standard on all models.

JUNK@7k Miles POOR FUEL ECONOMY! DIES! IDLES BAD!
By

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car dies and idles ROUGH! get 19-21 mpg! Has a lot options but they wont get you were you need to go..Car has moderate power for a 4cy...seats are ok comfort has lots of room...Buy a honda element used and you will be much happier...bluetooth is crappy

Blue tooth, mp3,ipod hook up, manushif 4th gear has wide range

MPG! Hyundai/Kia needs to stop selling this same old tired junk this drives and runs the same as my 2004 hyundai elantra 2.0 JUNK! will never own kia/hyundai again (there sister companies)