Used 2011 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Soul + with 68K miles
By soulmanencore

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in late 2011 and have been very pleased.
I commuted from southern WV to northern IN weekly for 9 months logging 1K miles per week.
The car has been great in snow, mountains and all sorts of driving.
I have been extremely happy and average about 28.9 miles per gallon for the types of driving that I do.
I researched the Soul for quite sometime and was impressed by the low initial cost, the fuel mileage and the safety ratings.
The Soul has lived up to all of these ratings and I am extremely happy with the car.
I traded this car in May 2015 at which time it had 88K. I was extremely pleased with the Soul but decided to move to a vehicle that had AWD capabilities.

Most people believe they have a soul...but I have a SOUL!
By mazda5forme

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

And I truely love my Soul! Mine is a 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim..which is the top of th line Soul, loaded up with an unbeliveable (for this price range) amount of standard equipment not often found on this price range. All of this includes terrific quality...solid construction and stand out looks. The 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is just Icing on the cake!

And the Soul has more than that going for it. You'll note that love it or hate it...people notice te Soul...and even check it out when they see one. Unlike the usual cars filling the mall parking lot...the Toyota/Honda/Prius/Nissan clones...the Soul actually stands out!

And it's fun to drive, handles well, has a KILLER stereo system too.

The Soul really was built around the Infinity sound system...it has a 350 output, a seperate powered sub-woofer in the trunk, 8 speakers, the front door speakers light up with 8 colors and pulsate to the music....NICE! You can really feel the music...especially the bass. The exterior is high lighted by the stunning 18" alloy wheels, th rear tail lights are composed of multi-clusters of bright red LED lights, the front of the SOUL Exclaim has white Audi style accent lighting and amber led turn signals PLUS mirror mounted turn signals. The Interior is a nice place to hang out, roomy and comfortable, powerful A/C, powered sun roof, dark tint windows, big trunk, full guages and UVO!

KIA needs to bring on on of their newest technology engines and stick it into the front of the Soul...the KIA Turbo Diesel thats available to the rest of the World in the Soul would be wonderful...40 mpg! Or the newest KIA direct injection gasoline turbo engine would be nice too. And the Northern tates and Canada would love all wheel drive options too.

18 Months... the Paint!!
By hamster_rider

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So I've owned my Kia Soul for 18 months, still love driving it, maintenance is a no brainer, however, while washing it today I noticed a fine rusting (white car) on most panels, even the major plastic pieces!!
I will be calling Monday for an appointment, I just am putting it out there for others to watch for, I live in Florida so no winter conditions here, no road salt etc. I will update after it gets looked at.
Others have posted with paint issues, better safe I guess.

The only problem with the car to date is the brake light switch at the pedal failed and it took the dealer 5 days to get me in to replace the switch, which of course was a warranty repair. So no brakes for 5 days

My First Kia
By jttheawesome

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several Hyundai products previously, and I know that Kia is a "kissing cousin" to Hyundai. Therefore, I expected high quality when I got into my 2011 Kia soul, and was not disappointed. I bought it "lightly used" with only 8,500 miles on it, so it's essentially a new car. It's much roomier than it appears, and has almost as much interior space as my 2005 Tuscon. Fuel mileage is excellent, getting no less than 30 MPG around town and around 37 on the road. It handles quite nicely, and rides better than my previous car, a 2008 Nissan Sentra. And most importantly, it makes me feel young! (Maybe it makes me look younger, too.....)

Excellent build quality overall; comfortable seats, quite roomy. Huge glovebox, double-decked - A small laptop could fit in there. Sound system is fabulous, especially with the integrated Bluetooth system. Good heat and AC, as well. Sharp looking and unique vehicle. The cargo area, with the rear seats folded flat, makes life much easier, with my mother's walker or my bike fitting in there nicely.

The lower door panels could be made a bit more scuff resistant in future versions. Also, a light in the glovebox would be nice.

Not as good as you would think
By kc411

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this in Oct. 2011 now with 60,000 miles on it. No problem with reliability, but would not do it again. Seats stain easily interior scratches easily. Not enough space behind the rear seat. You cant even get 2 average suitcases to fit. Only 25 mpg, lost of road noise and engine noise. If you hit a rough road hold on because there is no telling what way you will go. Not good in rainy conditions either. The resale value is not good. Even Kia will not give more then $10,000 on trade in with 60,000 miles. Kia has moved up, but I fill the car is over priced for what you get. Bought for close to $18,000 but got a $14,000 car. For the price there are better quality cars to pick from.

Leg room front and back.

Handling, cup holders, storage, power, no rear arm rest or cup holder (the door ones only good for small bottles). Staining and scratches on interior.