Used 2011 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Soul

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Lived a crazy life in SoCal
By Harry

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I used to own a 2011 Soul + in Shadow Black with grey/black cloth interior. I purchased in 1/2011 and sold it on 2/2016 so I owned it for 5 years. It was probably one of the most fun cars Ive ever driven. Despite having a 4-Speed automatic while everyone else was putting in 6-Speed in the newer models.

In the coarse of 5 years Its had LED fog lights, full sound system, lowering springs, 3 sets of tires, plastidip on the factory 16'' and other LED interior lighting. I've used it to drive on the canyons and beat on my buddies with sports cars proving that a box on wheels and keep up with a fr-s or bmw. But like all cars I've driven the poor thing very hard. Tons of scratches and door dings by the time I sold it but I made sure it had the proper service taken care of at the Kia dealer. Switched to 5W-30 synthetic blend at 80K and replaced the timing belt and other belts during that time. Replaced the front rotors and pads ONCE for the front axle and the rears were still on the stock rotors since there was quite of life left in them.

I guess that sad thing is that all 103,8xx miles. It has never left the state of California. 100% orange county driven. I eventually sold it carmax for $5k at that mileage and I bought a new car.

Overall I recommend this car for anyone learning how to drive or just a basic city car. Its not the fastest but it will get the job done.

LOVED my 2011 but onto my SECOND in a 2016
By Joe

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say about my Soul?!?! I MISS my old one; but due to health reasons, I had to update from a 5 spd to an automatic.. I LOVED and REALLY miss my old one; don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new one; but I was fresh outta the gate with my 11 and was able to do SO many things and go SO many places MOST wouldn't go with a quad (MAYBE someday with my new one). BUT; off the bat, I am 6 4 300 lbs a VERY big guy, and the comfort was A++++ in getting in and out; the car was simple and VERY reliable, AMAZING in snow (in fact, first year I had it, drove through 8+ inches of snow with less than decent tires on it with NO issues at all) I took it off roading to several locations with NO issues; AMAZING on gas I avg'd about 38 mpg; etc... I can't say enough good things about the car... The ONLY thing I was no fond of; was the 5 spd at speeds over 60, the engine just sounded so strained; would have been much better as a 6 spd... BUT anyway that is the only thing I had issues with... Due to health reasons; I upgraded 2 weeks ago to a BN 16.... I AM IN LOVE with it... SO much bang for the buck that I couldn't imagine owning ANY other car... ANYWAY; our family is now up to 3 Kia's and will be 5 in about 2 weeks... ALL newer or BN I look forward to owning this one and the ones to follow; hopefully an AWD one in the future :) I wish y'all luck in your search and hope you have an amazing time with yours as I did...

What a deal
By Jim

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Affordable, relaible, and no problems. Bluetooth, terrific sound system, traction control. Room enough for my wife and I, our two small children and a double stroller in the trunk. I am 6 feet tall and fit comfortably in the front seat. Everyone is always supprised with the ammount of room inside the vehicle.

Hood released while driving
By UB

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 Soul driving 55 mph hood released flew back hitting roof, denting roof, denting hood, damaging both fenders.
Why hasn't this problem been published?
Why didn't the safety latch work?

I love my green Alien car!
By Marisol

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a 2011 Kia soul, I really love the color( green) its definitely an eye catcher, so far I have been complimented by friends and family on how cute the car is, I have only had it for about a week so far it has been great and i hope it continues to be! I love the way it drives and the lights on the speaker are so cool!