Used 2010 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews - 214 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Not all seashells and balloons
By MU9294

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife purchased this vehicle to replace her aging Mazda6 sedan. The Soul definitely stands out in the crowd and its appeal hinges on the emotional buying factors. The vehicle rides ok but can be rough on bumpy roads, especially with the 18" wheels and low-profile tires. There is a significant amount of highway wind noise. The stereo system is great and we use that to drown out the wind noise. Interior design is really nice but the quality of the materials is dubious. There are many nicks and scratches - even from light use. The biggest drawback is handling in snow. This vehicle gets stuck easily in less than 6" of snow and skids quite a bit. On dry roads it handles great.

Exterior design - it's a head-turner Great warranty Superior stereo system

Better snow and wet pavement handling Higher quality interior materials More color options

No Regrets but some minor improvements
By AddyVet

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car to upgrade from my ford focus. I remember seeing the soul in the commercial awhile back and kept saying i really like that car and the more i saw the commercial the more I wanted this car. Finally I saw the Soul at the dealer outside displayed wit all the doors open. I always said I would never get a car in red but the soul was awesome in red and plus it was the sport edition which was perfect. regrets in getting the soul, the car had a unique look a lot better then a cube and scion (those cars a horrible looking). Soul is just right with exterior design and also interior comfortable to drive in. Everyone keeps telling me the car is just right for me.

My favorite features is the sunroof, never had one before and the buttons on the steering wheel. The exterior design is just a big plus for me. The storage compartment in the trunk.

some improvements on the car is more trunk space, putting my goddaughters stroller is tight space and that's all that fits in there =/. The seats should have been made to go flat down like the matrix does, doesn't make sense if the seats go down why can't it be made to go down completely flat?

Fun Car - Too Many Problems
By soul glo

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Alien Soul + the day after thanksgiving. Been in the shop twice. ABS problems, shifter problems and on Monday morning the heat didn't work and it overheated. Towed in and they added coolant and are replacing the thermostat. It's very unfortunate that KIA still does not have sufficient quality control in their products despite all of the great reviews. I really like the car but am unsure how long I will keep it now.

Blue Tooth, steering wheel controls

Loaner cars at dealerships instead of rentals with vouchers. Get the initial quality up to par with competitors.

Excellent Economy Package
By Stanley D.

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

With about 3,400 miles since August, our Kia Soul Plus has been reliable and economical. Gas mileage is about 26 mpg in suburban driving. The Soul is nimble and has a small turning radius. Interior space is excellent with room for five adults. Controls are easy to find and use. The Soul is well equipped for a modest price.

Interior space, control layout, gas mileage are best features. Steering is also accurate with good feedback on center. Brakes work well. Heating and air conditioning are very effective. Optional stereo upgrade improves the sound system.

There is some engine and tire noise. The 4-speed automatic trans shifts for economy rather than performance. A five-speed would be an improvement. Window glass is flimsy and and scratches easily. Side windows vibrate when half open at highway speed. Overall, just a few minor problems.

great car even at 60
By suzieq

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved the car as soon as I saw it, and 6 months later i traded in a 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback. Fun to drive with but one drawback for the moment. As i live in Montréal and it gets very cold.... I have had trouble with rear doors freezing. Has anyone else had this trouble. I am going to the dealers to-day and see what they say.

love the look, and the comfort, and the stares of envy

for the moment, maybe the rear doors have to be checked, but I will see if it just me.