Used 2010 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews - 215 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Practical, good styling, great gas mileage, awesome base features
By deftdrummer

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model 2010 Kia Soul in White for about a week and a half now. This isn't really the best time to be writing a review so I'll keep it brief.

Thus far the car has been a commuter for me with about 20 miles round trip daily driving to work.

I just love this car! I have all the features I wanted (most of them) at the base model. I picked mine up in white with a manual for $10,999 at a Fiat dealership. Great warranty on this vehicle.

Some down sides are that the engine noise inside the cabin can be a bit loud at low RPM, and also I'm not too fond of the back seats not being able to go a fully flat position. Also the interior plastics are a bit on the cheap side.

Nice tight steering response Shifting is smooth as butter Exterior styling is to the point and slightly flashy LOTS of interior space for tall drivers. I am long and lean - 165 lbs and 6'5" and I fit this vehicle perfectly even without telescopic steering adjustment. 4 wheel brakes help the car stop superbly and without issue. -Auto shutoff headlights! - saved me lots of headache already. -Cool instrument panels and dashboard without being gaudy.

-Cheap interior makes for lots of scuffs in the cargo area if you transport hardware or similar objects. -Reduce engine noise at low Rev's -Pedals are a bit troublesome for those with larger feet. (manual) -Low tire indicator should also indicate which tire is low! - Base model does not come with center console from the factory. Weak! No place other than glove box to hide things like apple ear buds / charging cable from snoops / thieves. -MPG readout would have been nice, but I believe I was just a victim of purchasing used 2010. The new ones have them if I recall, perhaps the base just doesn't have it?

Last Kia I will own
By autoguy99

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Kia Soul 2U based on size vs the advertised MPG. The local dealer had it rated 41 hwy and 36 hwy. I use this car for sales and average 35000kms per year. I average arround 24 mpg. Pathetic. I talked to the same dealer who sold me on the great MPG and was told that those numbers were not real world mpg. There is an annoying rattle in the drivers side windsheild post that no one can seem to fix. Never again, next car will be a honda.

The Bluetooth option is great. The stereo is great.

Improve your MPG. This car is costing me a fortune to drive. Put a 6spd manual with the 2.0L engine.

I lOvE mY nEw CaR
By kgodbold

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing the minute i saw it and drove it i fell in love with it. I couldnt be more happier with This Kia Soul it is fun to drive and its small enough for just me and a couple of friends and family members.

i favorite feature is the bluetooth and the place with i can plug in my iphone

i think there should be a sun roof in the kia soul i enjoy having a sun roof in my car and this would make the car so much better

kia------>>> killed in action..
By jeepers20

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

bought a used 2010 kia soul, had major engine troubles. high revving jerking.. had back to the dealership ,changed tsc units, still had trouble.. called kias consumer affairs ..may i say ,the worst consumer affairs out there!1 eight phone calls to them, never returned one terrible!!..

headroom .radio..

consumer affairs stinks....an engine that runs normal...

Not what we expected
By chick_poo

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Soul ! used from a dealer with 33,000 miles.
We bought this car because of the reviews in regards to gas mileage.

This Soul is terrible in regards to mpg.
I have written to Kia and I am waiting for a reply before I proceed further.
I drive 60 miles a day (highway) to work, set my cruise on 70 (posted speed limit) and the best gas mileage I have gotten is 25.9 mpg.
The advertised gas mileage is the main reason we bought our Soul.

While it is very fun to drive, the gas mileage and the exterior quality (lack of) will not keep us a Kia customer.
Paint chips very easily.

Very sad because this is a fun car to drive and is very roomy.

Steering/Parking Sync (phone options) Roomy