Used 2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

fun but not reliable
By sam

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

buy I new to get full 100K warranty or else it only a 60K warranty for used. problems i had with car blown rear differential and AWD coupling unit at around 68k miles or so. now I'm at 71k and the engine is starting to make a rattling noise. I love the look and feel of the car but it not reliable. the is my first and last time i will by a KIA

Engine Trouble
By PDK

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2014 pre- owned Sorento back in February for a particular reason and enjoyed this SUV very much until. The other day I incurred a major engine problem in which I found out that now it's notable enough that KIA just sent out a mass mailing stating that if you hear the engine knocking there could be problems with the Block, Crankshaft, Bearings, Connecting Rods and or Pistons. They describe it as ( This letter does not announce a service Campaign that requires mandatory repair on all vehicles. ) Another way of saying there will be no re-call. So if you have or get this problem with your KIA Sorento good luck. I am now in the process of finding out what they are going to do. When I first heard the noise I checked the oil only to find it dark brown and once wiped from the dip stick there was a burnt on mark evident of Engine ware. I would hope that KIA / Lester Glenn would do the right thing and purchase my vehicle back.

Most bang for your buck
By Jonathan Lambert

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Honestly, this may well be the best car I have ever owned. There are only two areas I consider this vehicle lacking. Number one is driver legroom. I am well over 6 foot tall and getting older. I cannot move my legs to relieve the arthritis pain in my knees. The other thing is that it is a 4 cylinder engine. It does a very adequate job but I reckon it is that muscle car thing from my youth. I do not feel that it accelerates as quickly or easily as I would prefer. Rusty Wallace Kia is my dealer and they are on top of it in the service department. Very reasonably priced and they track your service to keep you current. I really like and rely on them to take care of my Kia. Yes, I would do it all over again.

Don't drive in two days, battery DEAD!!!
By John

2014 Kia Sorento SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Better carry a battery charger with you

My KIA Sorrento