Used 2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Never Again
By rn513

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car. Plain and simple. My previous Rav 4 had this beat by a mile. Radio failed and replaced before 35000 miles. Slider panels covering full length moon roof rattle open with normal driving vibrations, leaving my grandson baking in the sun in the back seat or the sun baking the leather seats. These panels are automated in the Rav 4. For $38000....they should be automated in the Kia Sorento. Air conditioner has a high pitched squeak to it when run on high. Worst of all are the headlights...can't see at night when on normal beams, even with fog lights on. When I ride with high beams on, no one even flashes their lights at me. Mileage ok, poor pickup for a V6 compared to Rav

Leather seats, all wheel drive

Automate slider panels covering sunroof, put controls for dash computer on steering wheel, currently must reach through steering wheel to manually push toggle; brighter headlights!!!!! Improve gas mileage and lower the price; this is not a $38,000 vehicle.

Good, solid if unspectacular car
By mjone182

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Having now driven this car as a primary for 27k miles, this car is a good one. Easy to work on, even if you're a backyard mechanic. Lots of room, even for a family of six (all small children). Downside, there's not a real trunk space if you have the third row. Positives, plenty of extras even on the base model, pre-drilled holes for mounting aftermarket towing kits and side rails, plus it gets better gas mileage than a minivan. So far, no major maintenance has been needed.

Reliability, roomy for what it is, XM Sirius radio included, lots of places to put things

There needs to be a storage area in the floor besides the one in the very rear of the car. Also, Kia could have given some more space under the hood for belts to be changed (but this seems to be an automotive problem since no car seems to have enough room anymore).

2013 LX GDI AWD
By ucinn35

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2012 SX AWD for the wife last year. We love that car so much we bought another one for me. I use it for work everyday so I went with the GDI for better gas mileage. I'm getting between 24 and 25 combined with a couple hundred pounds of tools and parts in it. The acceleration is peppy and more than adequate. The 6 speed shifts smoothly and effortlessly. Handling is great, a very good turning radius so it handles like a smaller car. The SX has 25000 miles on it and mine has 1000 and we've had no problems out of either of them. I am probably a Kia customer for life now.

Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, voice control

Sliding second row

Update- 5 months and 6,000 miles, still loving it
By richardar6

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First, let me tell you that I'm picky. I've owned a lot of vehicles, from cars, to Suv's, to pickup trucks.
I love to drive, and the Auto Shows are my Disney World. I wanted a lot for my money and I wanted a well made vehicle that will last.
I got what I wanted so far.
6,000 miles so far and not 1 issue. Do I get advertised MPG? No, but I never have on any vehicle I've owed. I didn't get the V6 because I wanted great MPG's. (even the Honda fit I use as company car doesn't get advertised MPG) Anyway, I researched, I test drove, and I got exactly what I expected. Very happy with my decision!

The V6 (Speed freaks- this is your engine- 2 speeding tickets the 1st month I had it) UVO- a must for large music collections (and she's very polite) Handling- great at avoiding those people making a right from the left lane Fit and finish are Excellent! Infinity Sound will please most people Dual pane sunroof is great Back-up camera- is a must

Ride is a little firm (but I knew that because I test drove it and did my research- great handling was the trade off) Wind Noise is excessive at high speeds- but hey- this is an aerodynamic brick after all. Some road noise. That's it, and I hear most issues have been addressed with 2014 refresh. To those who complain and really hate the ride, did you not test drive your vehicle? Ride is subjective, but really, if you test drove it and didn't like it, why did you still get it? Really?

Great SUV but one problem
By kr2880

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car looks and handles great on local and on the interstate.

However, when I am waiting at a red light with the SUV in drive, there is a definite vibration that you can feel through out the car.

I have had the car checked by Kia service including the District Service MGR and have been told that this is normal for the SUV.

For an SUV with a sticker price close to $36000, I didn't expect a vibration to be considered normal! Hopefully KIA will come up with a fix!

Eliminate the vibration!!!!