Used 2009 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Worst car ever
By Chris

2009 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worst car i have owned. Bought it two years ago with 56,000 miles on it. In two years have had to replace ac clutch and compressor. Both valve cover pan gaskets. Then the rear differential went out. After having that fixed today the alternater went out. If I didnt owe more than its worth would trade it in tomarrow.

very good vehicle
By lisa burns

2009 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my kia sorento new in 2009. When I first bought it after awhile having it they had to replace the driveshaft, transmission but now it is a very good vehicle. I would suggest to anyone that wants to buy one to do it over all it is a very nice and roomy and comfy vehicle. I still have my kia and love it everyday. it is very reliable. it is now 2017 and I still have my kia. Such a good running vehicle love it everyday....

Decent for the price
By gato6464

2009 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got a 2009 Kia sorento used. It really is a nice running car. It drives very well for only a 6cylinder. Plenty of get up and go power. The interior is kinda cheap. We have had no problems other than the rear differential going bad. Luckily for us it was under warranty. I suggest keeping a head up on the maintenance or else they may not cover parts that go bad.

Engine and room for the price is awesome

Interior quality is kinda poor.

Nice for the price
By hinkyjinky

2009 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is not a luxury SUV its utility. the gf traded hers in after 7 months for a tahoe ls 2007 because she wants bigger. shame. i like the drive even though it is bumpy and stiff but that is due to its design (it's not a caddy or Lincoln) i get great gas mileage almost 425 to a full tank. it has not failed me yet! solid build. love the 4wd so far but have not pushed it except for our big winter storm this past year and it worked flawlessly for me drive 50 miles a day in snow and ice. dealership has been GREAT! cant say it enough! thank you for the deal and serivce Kia of Turnersville nj!!! :)

4wd, good pickup, great gas mileage, cruise control, nice rims, value, remote start, front windshield defrost. handles good so far and has been solid ride.

better radio system the delco radio is not great and no usb unput.

Great buy
By FRANK MCARTHUR

2009 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for one year now and have had ZERO problems. The 6 under the hood gives me passing power when it's needed. Inside is very well made. Gets about what I thought I would get on fuel. About 20 HWY and 17 city. I drive this SUV to work and round trip is 120 miles a day, five days a week.

Engine.Body style.