Used 2007 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

PLEASANT!
By RON

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My overall driving experience with this car has been wonderful! My only disappointment has been my break wear. I think my breaks gave out on me earlier than they should have. I actually went thru a set of pads and rotors and wheel bearings I feel way to early for a brand new vehicle. Wheel bearings were under warranty but rotors and pads were not and I was not a happy camper! I bought this car as a result of renting one on vaction and really enjoyed how it handled.It rides smooth handles superbly and accelerates well. I have been on several trips with my KIA and luv how it handles on the open road. I also luv the complements I get of it being a SEXY SUV!

CD STEREO, TRACTION CONTROL, 4X4, FOLD DOWN SEATS, FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE!

I Have noticed that on the driver side when raining water will come in window if down from the wiper blade. There should be some kind of gaurd to keep that from happening.If I could change interior dash lighting I def would. Pea green is not the best color to see in the dark! Stay with bright white

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4WD
By Tim

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, love this vehicle. Very nice looking and after 19,000 miles no major problems. Very peppy and fun to drive. Gas mileage stinks, but that is true for most SUVs. If that is a major factor in your purchase, then I wouldn't buy it. For us, we only drive 8k per year so it isn't that noticeable, especially with lowered gas prices.

Looks and the way it handles.

Gas mileage, passenger airbag light often says the airbag is turned off, even when an adult is sitting in seat. Dealer says it is a bad design. I am surprised this hasn't been on a recall list. No space in front area to store a purse or similar item.

bad apple
By cindy ingram

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sorento for almost two years and at first I loved it but after my first service it started hesitating at steady speeds or slowing down. They can't fix it because they only hook it up to a machine that tells them what is wrong and it shows nothing so they keep sending me home with the problem. I have learned a lesson about KIA's and that is to run as far away as you can get from them. They are junk. I know things happen with vehicles but normally you can get them repaired. I hate it. If you buy one you better beware because they are not worth anything when you try to trade them in.

looks

stop making a vehicle you can't repair. Hire real mechanics not just part changers.

2nd Review AFTER 13,000 Miles
By OkieGill

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Thought I would write a update since my first post was May of 07. It is now Feb of 09 and not one thing wrong in 18 months and 15,200 miles on odometer. No squeaks, rattles or groans. 3.8 is exceptional engine. 4x4 works flawlessly. Fit and Finish still first rate. Had just normal dealer service every 6K. Don't pass up this bargain and fun to drive sport ute. Great job Kia

Remote radio controls, 4x4 selector switch, engine power and transmission u-shift feature.

New 2010 coming with unibody so mileage issue should be addressed. Hopefully 3.8 liter is still available.

Problems after purchase
By SANDY

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The looks of my Kia attract a lot of comments from people. It's black-two tone & sharp. All in all I will never buy a Kia again, looks are not everything. I have had numerous probs from transmission to the smell of antifreeze in the cab. I had to have the rotors replaced after 27K miles. The transmission was shifting incorrectly 3 months after purchase, I purchased it with 11 miles on the odometer, brand new.The smell of antifreeze was so strong it was making me sick. The serv dept told me there was nothing wrong with the car but the last time I took it in for this smell they finally did something, I have not smelled it since.