Used 2007 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Update from June 07 Review
By Az/Okie

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now have 21089 Miles. Absolutely NO Problems. Just replaced the original battery with the interstate brand. Excellent fit and finish. 4x4 system works flawlessly. Lots of power from the 3.8 liter. Understand this engine will NOT be in the new 2010 coming. Looks like Kia and Hyundai are keeping this engine for their luxury brands. Mileage compared to our GMC Envoy is better all around. I would definately buy again.

Moon Roof, 4x4, steering wheel radio controls, manual shift mode.

Link the map lites to the door switch in front. Add autolocking doors when going 20 mph or better.

Kia is Korean for "Bad Brakes"
By James

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Sedona van because of repeated brake issues (2 sets of rotors and 4 brake jobs in 64,000 miles) and was assured the brake problems had been fixed. My Sorrento has 37,000 miles and is on it's second set of replacement rotors. The brake warrenty is only 12,000 miles; guess why. Also, the scheduled maintenance that is required in order to keep the warrenty intact is very expensive ($524.00 for the 30,000 mile service). Gas milage is poor for the size of the car. The car depreciates rapidly (mine is only worth $10,400 on a trade-in according to Kelly Blue Book).

Car does well in snow.

FIX THE BRAKES!

Be wary of Kia Sorento
By Kelly

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Kia Sorento in Aug 07. In less than a month the engine had to be replaced. In March 08, there was a cooling system problem. In Aug 08, the key got stuck in the ignition. In May 09, there was an oil drain plug leak plus a recall on the airbag. June 09, there was a recall on the stop lamp switch. Sept 09, the key got stuck in the ignition again. This time I was told it was a shifter issue. Just want to warn people about all of the issues that I had. After the last problem I have now traded for a Toyota.

Liked the looks of the car.

Quality of the car was extremely bad. Getting the car serviced was horrible.

Love it but......
By A. Henson

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I love the Sorento; however, at <15000 miles, the rotors had to be replaced and now at <28000 miles they're having to be replaced again. (Not my braking habits! I've been driving for almost 30 years and never had a problem with brakes!) Also, I've noticed the hesitation in speed/acceleration during driving. Sometimes it's slow to respond in a stop/go situation (slowing to a near stop then accelerating again)...kind of scary. I've been told it's because the vehicle/computer is adjusting to my manor of driving.(? At any rate, still happy with the vehicle overall.

Roomy cabin. V6 has a lot of get up and go. Reasonable pricing.

Really need to work on those brakes. Improve MPG!!!!

Good Buy Overall
By James

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle as a family vehicle for my daughter and I. It has met all of our needs. Interior is comfortable. Exterior is an attractive, sleek design. Turning radius is not the greatest. Factory headlights are not as bright as the headlights in my Ranger were. The back glass rattles. I agree with the post indicating that the water from teh wiper blades blows right inside when the window is down. Never had that happen before in any other vehicle. Lower gas mileage than I was told at teh dealership. But those are teh only negatives. Everything else about the vehicle is a positive. Most reliable vehicle I have ever had.

I enjoy the 4WD, cruise control, comfortable seats, stereo, cargo space, passenger space, and driveability of this vehicle.

Design it so the water from teh wiper blades does not come inside when teh window is down. Gear shift fell apart in my hand and I was told this was a common problem. Better factory headlights. Design back window/hatch so it doesn't rattle.