Used 2007 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Good car but had problems
By Chezjuan

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I like the body style, passenger and cargo space, and power of the 2007 Kia Sorento, but I have issues with the quality of the car. Not only were there two recalls that affected the safety (front seat airbag sensor, stop lamp switch) but my car had several engine problems. Also, the OEM battery would not hold a charge and had to be replaced within 6 months.The biggest problem was that the car would refuse to start intermittently - the engine wasn't getting fuel. To get it to start, I would have to pull the fuel pump relay and replace it, then the car would work fine. After a year of trying to fix that (under warranty), the car started cutting out when driving so I replaced it.

cargo space, front wiper heaters

better quality covers for the LATCH anchors in the rear - all three of mine broke within weeks of getting the car. Improve quality of engine/electrical system

Kia is my buddy
By Aaron

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia as a used car. It had roughly 45000 miles on it. I was weary about Kia, but the test drive kicked the doubt to the curb. I absolutely love my Kia and would not trade for anything. It drives great, has power, and has a GREAT WARRANTY. I had an issue with an idle noise, took it to the dealer, got it back 2 hours later with no charge. Man thats sweet. I will eventually trade in my 2000 Mustang for another Kia or keep the Stang and add another car.

Headlights turn off and on when car starts and turns off, hood has hydraulic holders, can shift gears with automatic tranny like its a speed shifter

I would not change a thing.

Won't buy another Kia
By Leslie

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this brand new, traded in an 06 Acura TL because the Sorento was safer for my 3 kids with the 5 Star safety rating and the insurance was MUCH cheaper. It was a great vehicle for the first year or so, then the brake lights stayed illuminated and had to take to the dealership for repair. It has leaked oil non-stop for the last 2 years, and the dealer won't fix it. The brakes squeal like an old Pontiac, dealer says "brake dust" but no matter what I do I can't get it to stop. Two recalls in the last year...brake light switch and passenger airbag sensor. Would LOVE to trade it in, but the trade in value is zip. I owe 23K after 3 years, trade in value, less than 10. Never again!

Attractive exterior compact SUV peppy V6

Brake issues, oil leaking issues, better speakers for the stereo that don't cut out, better service advisers and mechanics at the dealership that can fix the above problems!

3 years and no problems
By sixsix65704

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 06 Kia sorento for the 2007. I got a great deal I financed 8800. I love the power of the V-6. I used it on the beach in Cape Hatteras ,NC. The 4x4 works great in the sand or snow. Great SUV for the money.

Comfort, Power, 4x4, features, stylish

Fuel economy but it is a V-6.

Enjoying the Ride
By tennisfan

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well after 2 years of ownership, I have to say its been a fun suv. The only issue i've had has been a change of the rotor's at 3k miles, which was covered by the warranty. I've had my oil changed and the 2yr service completed. Installed a pioneer head unit because I wanted ipod and bluetooth support. Sounds great with the factory speakers. Looking forward to the 2011 Sorento.

It would be the way it drives, smooth and fun. Also the 4x4, great in the snow! :)

Well with the new model in 2011, looks like everything has been changed.