Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Absoloutly love this car
By Siobhan

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, love it love, it. Very spacey and comfy have. Made many long trips in it and never a sore back or rear end. It handles great and is very quiet. Plenty of storage space between the two middle consoles and the under passenger seat console. Had it two years and has not been in the shop once except for regular maintenance. Upholstery repels stains very well. Have had a baby in it for 90 percent of the ownership and still no stains. Would definitely recommend this vehicle

Comfort and space love the gray interior and the lumbar support on driver seat

Wish it got better gas mileage only gets about 20 highway and about 17 in town

Loved My Kia
By Sheri

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2006 Sorento Lx for one year. To no fault of my own it was involved in an accident and totaled. I miss it and wish I still had it. It was so much fun to drive. Plenty of room for me and my 3 young kids! The sport trac shifter it had was wonderful! I really wish I still had it or could get another one NOW!! I loved that car!

The overall design, the sound system, the storage compartments.

Of course better gas mileage, maybe make fog lights and a sun roof a standard feature on an LX

So glad I listened to mom!! I love it!
By jennjan68

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So glad I listened to my mom!! I love it! I am the second owner of this KIA. I just bought it 5 days ago from a local dealership here in AZ. with 32,500 miles on it...And it looks, drives and handles like its brand new. I AM IMPRESSED! I know that I've only my KIA for under a week, but I feel very confident in saying that I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a mid size SUV. I work in the rental car industry, so I'm able to drive all sorts of vehicles. And with our fleet changing every few months, I've gotten the full experience of each and every SUV out there sm. to lg. & affordable to expensive. The KIA Sorento gets an A+ in my opinion!

Body style, horsepower, and performance. Roomy inside, tinted glass.I could go on and on.

I guess gas mileage, but hey it's 2008, so what do you expect.

Could be better....
By SterlingBlue

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love this vehicle. It is fun to drive and it suits me much better than a sedan. However I bought a black car and the paint's finish looked like someone had wiped down the vehicle with sandpaper. I noticed the defect the day after purchasing it. I fought for 12 months to get it fixed. Neither Kia nor dealer would take responsibility. I have had the car waxed/buffed/shined at least 20 times by professionals and the scratches will not go away. Shame on you Kia!! For this reason I will never buy from Kia again.

As long as it's cloudy outside the scratches are not visible. On those days it's a classy-looking car and I'm proud to drive it!

A thermometer and compass would be nice. Would also suggest side moldings to prevent door dings.

I'm luvin' it
By Shari

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

It has been a year now and I have to tell you this thing is really fun to drive. My only complaint would be gas mileage...but it is an SUV so what did I expect. Overall this is a great car very comfortable...and did I mention fun to drive?

The sound system and exterior

Better gas mileage