Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Electrical System is Bad
By marilynh

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I researched my Kia and made my decision to buy. My Kia runs well but have had many other problems, the wheels lost their paint, Kia replaced them, the new set is losing their paint. The gas cap door latch broke, the gas pedal stuck, I had to pay. I've replaced 4 headlights 1 turn signal and 1 break light within 6 months at my expense. Did I make the right choice? No. Also on my second set of tires.

Ride, body style, stereo

Fix the electrical system

loved it but bad gas mileage
By krista57

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did absolutly love my Kia but the gas mileage was un beleivable. I checked it twice on the gas mileage to see what I was getting and both times it said 15.5 mpg. I could not believe it. I just traded it in on a Pontiac g6. But if it weren't for the gas I would never have traded it in.

gas mileage!

Very good car for the money
By EML

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first KIA and feel that it will not be my last. I have been a Ford customer for many years and Ford has been very good too, but I just like the style and how this KIA operates.

Book by its cover
By Ed

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If it ran all the time, this would be the best small SUV on the market. It's well appointed. It drives beautifully. It's powerful and not to bad on gas. All in all, I'd say Kia is on the right track. There's only one drawback. It must have been built by a drunken monkey on Monday morning after a long weekend. The headlights burn out in pairs every 3-4 months. I'm on transmission number 3 and the radio needed to be replaced after 9 months. The most aggravating thing is the alarm system which has a mind of it's own. It's been 2 years and it still triggers whenever it feels like it (2AM in the garage or on the highway at 65 MPH) leaving you stranded until a tow truck takes it home to KIA.

Handling! This is a truck that really does handle like a car.

Quality control. Engineering

Absoloutly love this car
By Siobhan

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, love it love, it. Very spacey and comfy have. Made many long trips in it and never a sore back or rear end. It handles great and is very quiet. Plenty of storage space between the two middle consoles and the under passenger seat console. Had it two years and has not been in the shop once except for regular maintenance. Upholstery repels stains very well. Have had a baby in it for 90 percent of the ownership and still no stains. Would definitely recommend this vehicle

Comfort and space love the gray interior and the lumbar support on driver seat

Wish it got better gas mileage only gets about 20 highway and about 17 in town