Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

I need to brag
By john

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I need to brag about my Sorento. Purchased in Sept. 06, I travel alot. I currently have 158,690 miles on it. The only issue was needing to replace the transfer case ($700 on Ebay). Tires, brakes and oil changes have been my only real purchases. As I looked at getting a replacement vehicle, I had to ask why. There is not a squeak or rattle. It handles the way it did on day one, and I can still tow my 4-wheeler to northern Maine (250 miles one way) without a problem. If you can deal with "not great" fuel economy, buy one. It is the best purchase I have ever made.

comfortable seats, larger than normal sunroof, great stereo

illuminated stereo/cruise control display on the steering wheel

Happy Newbie
By Emann

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 2006 Sorento with 35K 4x2 5 speed manual. The 3.5 L V6 has more power than it needs which will hopefully last much longer as a result. What little body roll there is, it is very steady and comfortable around tighter curves and corners. The steering radius is extremely tight and impressive. I am fairly confident that I will be remaining a happy customer. Cheers!

Ground clearance, ride comfort, quiet, Well organized control panels and storage, great power, decent handling, responsive and did I say QUIET!!!

Fuel economy

2006 Kia Sorento review
By Ken

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 06 Kia Sorento was the first NEW vehicle I had ever purchased. I figured with the used cars and trucks in the past, I had been spending too much in repairs. With the warranty of the Kia 10 yr/100,000 mile how could I go wrong? So far I've driven 51,000 miles in my Sorento and other than regular oil changes and tire rotations I've not had 1 problem. The gas mileage could be a little better, but I get 19-20 mpg in the city. I think most who claim poor mileage could be due to poor driving habits. Also my Sorento in a manual. I would suggest you check out the Kia Sorento if you are looking for a mid sized SUV!

Price and warranty

Better fuel mileage

Very Decent But
By michelej898

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle 11 months. I bought it with 37,000 and only have 41,000 on it now. I drive mostly small town, light traffic but lots of lights. Speed limits of 30-35 mph. Gas mileage is about 15.5. I am also having problems with headlights, brake lights, etc. Have replaced both headlights, a marker light, and one brake light twice. Luckily hubby is a mechanic but there must be something going on if lights keep burning out. On the other hand, lights are easily changed and cheap! But still.

Rides awesome, very comfortable and drives like a small sedan. Also very quiet.

Fix the stinking light problem.

Great Car
By sportdee

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Haven't had any issues with the car other than frequent burn out of rear lights. Fun to drive, nice to travel in, and plenty of room for 4. I would get another one in the future!

I like the body style. very sporty looking suv.