Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Never Again!
By lori

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought this thing. We've had to have new rotors put on after the first 15,000 miles.The interior lights stopped working. Have had to change countless bulbs in the head lights and tail lights. The transmission has gone out and dumped $1600. in having it worked on and still on working properly. The front seat design is horrible for long trips - across the country. The only good thing about this junk is that it is paid for. I'll never buy another KIA!

Electrical Issues
By terlstarr

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car with the exception of the electrical issues I have been having for over a year. I can't count how many headlights and brake lights I have had to replace because they keep blowing! Also the interior dome light chooses when it wants to work as well as the lights on the vent control located on the dash.

Better electrical set up.

sorento garbage
By christine

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a Kia again because I had such exceptional quality with the first one. Then I bought the Sorento and have had nothing but issues with it. In the last 4 weeks I have dropped $3000.00 into it from things not covered under the warranty. Things that should last longer than 3 years. Drive shaft, AC compressor. I will never buy another Kia product again and have made statements online and to allmy friends and family not to buy Kia's because they fall apart after a couple of years.

Love My Kia
By Dana

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Kia in Oct. of 06 in TX, drove it back to CA in Two days. Very reliable, had no problems, thank God and Held 3 medium size cat carriers all in a row in the back fold down seat. My Kia has 12,000 little miles on it now, and knock on wood I've never had a problem yet. I keep up on the maint. with oil change and so far one tire rotation and its still ticking onward. Some cars are lemons, and I'm glad my wasn't.

Everything

None at this time....Just keep making them as safe as you can Kia!

Solid performer w/minor illnesses...
By Gramotey

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Kia purchase was quite impulsive: we've liked the ride quality right away,and we've been specifically looking for 4x4 capabilities, some economy...bought this as no 4x4 Tuscons were available in Texas :) Body is incredibly rigid,some serious off-road performance.Comfortable and predictive road manners,good breaking backed-up by standard ABS.Reasonable controls,very good visibility,very good stock sound(although we both are missing mp3/USB/AUX jacks).Outlet in the trunk was quite a nice find!Minor problems we've seen so far is 2 blown turn signal lamps(they are doubled,however) which I had replaced and that was the end of it as of now, and main dome light is incommunicado. That's minor...

4x4 capabilities,sportrack gear shift,conservative but pleasing looks,ride quality.Fuel economy constantly turns out better than I had expected: I always track it, and in 3 (winter) months we get no less than 19 mpg in mixed suburban driving... However I do not push the gas when I don't need to ;)

- USB/AUX/mp3 capability; - Some fuel economy improvement; - Some materials could be just a notch better; - Locking front differential on 4x4's will put it into serious leagues.