Used 2006 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Worst car ever
By Dontdoit!

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't have enough room to get too detailed but its been in the shop since 5k miles so far 21 times for electrical problems, brake lights, headlights, check engine light coming on, new transmission, brakes X3, u-joints, huge vibration on floor board, squealing belts and KIA acts as if this is my fault and it only has 67k miles on it. I will NEVER buy another Kia as long as I live. I read the posting and there seems to be alot of the same problems I am having with mine. Now its value dropped so much I cant even exchange the vehicle for something else. It's a dangerous car to have, therefore retained an attorney.

roomy

Electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, belts

I love my Kia truck
By tiffany

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Kia this year with 67,000 miles. Car fax came back clean. My truck drives good. It Burns a lot of gas but I don't mind because I enjoy driving it. Looking forward to buying another one in a couple of years. Never thought I would a Kia cause I was told they were cheap vehicles. That's why you shouldn't knock it until you try it!

The height

Gas mileage

Great SUV
By Stephanie

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned our Sorento for 3-1/2 years and have been pleasantly surprised. We had never owned a Kia or knew anyone who owned one and were worried about the quality as a result. It has over 30k miles on it and we've never had a single problem, issue, or bug with it. We mostly use it for short trips around town, but it has performed well in all sorts of conditions (snowy mountain, rural desert roads, regular big city driving with constant breaking and fast accelerating). We've gotten the oil changed regularly and done the recommended maintenance, but other than that, it's required no trips to the dealer or shop.

It handles very well. The turning radius is great!

The city gas mileage is poor. Also, the second row bench is a little too narrow with two car seats and a passenger.

a disappointing surprise
By harold

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Needed a new engine when 11 months old. Clock ran 10 min fast. Headlights needed replacing every year. With 60,000 miles on the new engine it needed new coils for $1800 and was dripping oil in the garage. Lots of noise recently--needed new manifold pipes. Traded it for a Honda CRV last week. Truly a disappointment. A 10-year warranty did not cover anything but the new engine.

Comfortable seats.

Reliability factor.

Great SUV for price
By Alex

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my SUV new in Sept. 06 as I needed a reliable car for commuting to work. I have put on over 91000 miles on it and it is still drives like new. I have replaced the fluids per factory schedule and new set of tires at 60000 miles. The only minor problems are the break light bulbs had to be replaced each year and both power side mirrors stopped working recently. Power train is still going strong along with everything else. I strongly recommend this care and would by another one.

Looks, reliability, value