Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Would not recomend
By maddogsmama

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 Kia Sorento LX in 2010 and since then I've had nothing but problems! I replaced the crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensor and the AC. With labor and parts that cost me about 1,600. I have only put 20,000mi on it since I bought it! Therefore, I would NOT recommend a Kia to anyone!! My first experience as a Kia owner was nothing but a headache!

Not so sure...
By lindsey1242

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Kia less than a week ago and these reviews are scaring me. Probably should have looked at reviews before I bought... Anyway, I really like everything about the car so far except today I turned on the head lights for the first time, and the dome and map lights come on with the head lights and so far I can't get them to turn off while the headlights are on. I really don't want to drive at night with all the lights on inside the car. Shucks. I hope this wasn't a bad choice.

The power, the handling and the interior style/comfort.

Decent car
By princ_e_pal

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had our Sorento now for about 4 weeks!
Since then, I've replaced the same brake light 2x.
I guess there is a recall out for the switch but need to take it in sometime.
Also, heard that LED bulbs will fix the problem since they take such low voltage to work.
The airbag light has been on and I guess it could be an issue with the sensor in the seat or seatbelts.
Take it to a reliable autobody place!
They can solve most of the issues that the KIA dealer will SCREW you over.
I'm about 6' tall and feel like the sorento is a "chick" car.
the seats sit up high and don't really adjust so I need to scrunch down to see out the window under the mirror.
It does handle well and has power.

Price, tinted windows, storage, power

reliable lighting, AWD, height adjustment seats, better mileage, running boards I can get my feet on! 3rd row seating, larger cargo area.

Worth checking out
By dstockdale

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Sorento in 2009 with only 15,000 miles on it.
If you'd have asked me 5 years ago if I'd buy a Kia, I'd have told you no.
This one had all the bells and whistles I wanted (heated leather seats, moon roof, etc).
Being the 2nd owner, I still had 45K miles left on the bumper to bumper warranty when I purchased it and, here I am at 57,000+ miles and still thrilled.
Is it a BMW? No, but I knew that going in.
After 2 years of ZERO issues, I'm pretty happy.
Oh, it does tend to need headlight and tail lights changed frequently but whatever.... even me, a girl, was able to do that myself and for cheap.
Would I recommend, yes, definitely.

It's very appealing to the eye and fun to drive. It's "zippy".

Smoother ride, which I guess Kia has done in the newer body style, better gas mileage.

Awesome Truck!
By aaronmateo

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used Sorento about a year and a half ago with 48,000 miles on it and I cannot rave about it enough. Purchased it in Milwaukee and have driven it down to Austin, Texas, back to Milwaukee, back down to Austin, out to New York City, around NYC in the hardcore NY traffic for 5 days, then back to Milwaukee, not to mention a year and a half of miscellaneous city driving. It got me through the Great Blizzard of 2011 this past week too - kicked it into 4-wheel drive and it hummed through apocalyptic levels of snow, wind, and cold like a champ, didn't even flinch. Haven't had a single problem with it. If you're looking for a smaller SUV, have a look at a Sorento. Durable. Reliable. Fun.

Great 4x4 capability! Very good fuel economy for an SUV, especially on the highway.