Used 2004 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 438 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

BEWARE of KIA !!
By LWaylett

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

KIA Motors does not honor their warranties by FIXING the defects in their vehicles. My 2004 Sorento has had MANY bulbs replaced and Kia service said they did not know what the problem was. Now that my warranty has expired, I find that KIA DID know the harness wiring needed to be replaced so fix the reoccurring problems of headlights/tail lights going out. They knew this back in 2006, and made those changes on their new vehicles in 2007.

Nice looking car. PITIFUL PITIFUL service for Kia operators!

FIX the defects the right way the FIRST time!

Hmmm rethink your Kia sorento purchase
By ITSMECHRISTYMARIE

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like most sorento owners, I too have replaced tail lights, headlights, clock doesn't work, cd player has a cd stuck in it. Now I was driving home across the state and it overheated and engine shut off. I don't know what happened or if its covered. I still owe beau coup $$$ on it so if it's not covered do I just walk away from the loan? I'm not paying for a car that I cant drive or afford to fix. We'll see if they are more helpful at my dealership that what others have experienced.

Love the power seat, moonroof, radio controls on steering wheel

Get the electrical issues under control

I love my Kia
By Roxy

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Kia is an 04 and currently has 92k miles on it. I have changed the oil regularly, just got new tires last year, needed to change the tail lights about once a year. Other than that-new brakes...havent had a problem until now. I have an oil leak and the mechanic has to take the engine apart to find the leak. Said it would be $300-$400. So, not bad for 92k miles. I love my Kia-have had fun driving it. I will keep it until it dies! The gas mileage isnt very good but it is paid off due to the 0% financing I got on it when purchased new. I was rear ended by a very large truck going 45 mph and I was at a complete stop with my baby in the back seat. This Kia took the hit from hell like a champ.

Holds up in an accident very well!!! Perfect height and roomy.

gas mileage could be much better.

LUV my KIA
By Mel Schlobohm

2004 Kia Sorento LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If you off-road, this is fun fun fun. Very little problem. 70000mi strong and it seems to get better. Left me stranded once but KIA had a tow vehicle to help within 30 min. (crank position sensor broke). It is very strong in 4wd low - wow. I can drive with the big boys no problem. Wish there were performance parts available.

4wd

performance parts needed

Kia does not honor warranty
By Lisa

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Horrible experience with this model and Kia Corp. Major issues with airbags, electrical , paint, faulty engine parts etc. One of the most undepenable cars I have ever owned. In a 30 year period. Most expensive in short range ownership also. Kia Corp. does not seem to care about the long term of the consumer for their products. If they did they would honor a problem on their known faulty parts. I will NEVER buy or deal with a dealership that has anything to do with this foreign make.

Inside looks of interior and looks of exterior

Stand behind your warranties. Especially when you know that you had a major fault in your engine coolant recovery tanks for 3 years. It should have been a recall. Not a TSB. Service dealership should be made to tell you about things like this. Not a courtesy. Think long term NOT Short !!!