Used 2001 Kia Sephia Sedan Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:

Not too bad for a cheap car
By devs Mom

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my kia new in 2001 as a commuter car. Kia just turned over 51000 miles after I had traveled from St. Louis to Woodbridge, VA (30 miles S of D.C.) in 16 hours and only used 2 tanks of gas on a 800+ mile trip (son was impressed). Have also gone to tx, ar and ms with no problem and minimum gas besides regular maintenance, a right front strut assembly, tires and brakes, my only problem is crossed wires which make my windshield wipers come on when I turn on the a. C. (happened after jack leg body work) still not bad for a cheap small 4 cyl. Runs good but is starting to show age. Engine heat shield rattles constantly.

Gas mileage- highway good, city & stop & go long D.C. area commute not so good. But still economical. Radio and CD player, heater and a.c. best features of car.

Body exterior paint fading and body metal way too thin. Interior you get what you pay for. Only small cups will fit and seats need a cushion. Also how come spark plugs are not mentioned in the owners manual. Looking for that info is how I found this web site

I Love It!
By Love It!

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned quite a few different cars. I bought my KIA from a used car dealership the 1st of February. It only had 86,000 miles on it. I love this car. I have not had any problems with it. It has some minor hail damage but all in all, it looks and runs great. I am a mother of three teenage children so a lot of horse power in a vehicle is not necessary for me. My children and I both love this car.

It is easy to get in and out of. There is a lot of head room and it is comfortable.

I love my KIA the way it is.

Great car for the money
By Me

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new. I have not had the first problem with it. Paid $10,060. I had timing belt and all drive belts replaced at 70,000 miles. Car had never been in the shop before that.

Thin body metal. Lots of door dings.

Pleasant surprise
By the v

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had very few expectations of this car, but it has really grown on me. It is excellent in every way. Reliable, fun to drive, very zippy (except when driving over 80 mph. It gets a little scary at that point, but what do you want for the money?). I would definitely buy a Kia again. But, this car has over 85000K miles on it and shows no signs of stopping, so I will keep it until the wheels fall off!

Better gas mileage than my Nissan Sentra!! Very fast, great 5 speed torque. comfortable interior, yet compact enough to park in the streets of san francisco

Resale value really stinks.

Repairs are frequent
By Ryan

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is okay but i've only had it since aug 08 and it already has many problems. It needs a new gear shift cable, possibly a new transmission, a new battery, new front strut mounts, the emerg brake is stuck on and the whole dash blinks when the signal light is on. Like everybody else says the body is just like a pop can. Also all the rubber lining on the doors is falling off. I find this repair list ridiculous because the thing only has 106,000 kms on it. The previous owner hit a pole with it and now the trunk leaks like crazy. This is my first car and I'm 17. I only have a part-time job. I guess the car will be siting in the driveway a little longer.

Nice stereo, I like the interior design. Rides well when it works. Good gas mileage, went for a 300 km trip and the gas gauge barely budged.

Kia cars are okay brand new but stay away from the sephia. I definitly woul not have bought it if I knew this was going to happen. Not worth the trouble