Used 2001 Kia Sephia Sedan Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:

2001 kia sephia 225000 and still running tough
By 2001kiasephia

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i have a 2001 kia sephia ive been the only owner it has been by far the best car ive ever bought i have done routine oil changes and tune ups on it and ive done the timeing and water pump every 60000 on it and she just keeps running like a champ and i get 30 mpgs out of it and im am very happy with it..

my favorite feature is the car is vary easy to work on and i can easily find part for it

i would suggest a better quality sound insulation its alittle loud on the free way

So far so good
By skiir

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia on Valentine's Day of 2008. It will be paid off in Feb of Next year (2011). When I bought it it had 30,000 miles on it and the dealer said I would thank him in a year after buying this car. So far I have had to replace the battery like 3 times (no big deal), the belts because the AC belt broke so I just replaced them all. I have put in new spark plugs and they say that I need to re-gasket the tranny and engine. So I just have to watch the oil levels and I will get the tranmission reconditioned as soon as I can afford it. I also need to replace the timing belt so far from what I have read about the car. It gets great mileage, it has been very reliable, and the sound system rocks

Stereo, interior, gas mileage, air conditioning, power windows.

More power but I guess you can't have that and good mileage.

Do not buy this car
By kia sephia

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Engine and transmission so far reliable. Brakes, electrical, air conditioning, body, interior, are bottom of the barrel cheaply built. HORRIBLE in the snow. I have been driving many years in winter conditions and this is hands down the most dangerous car I have ever driven in the snow. Brake and electrical problems have been since day 1, numerous trips to shop. Worst car I have ever owned, wish I could have my 13 year old nissan sentra back!

absolutely none.

New brake system. New electrical system. Better a/c system. Better interior. Improve seat comfort. Actually, take engine and transmission and put them in another car.

Love my Kia!
By Susan

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Sephia a year and a half ago and love driving it. It definitely is a reliable car that is fun to drive, with excellent MPG. This was the first car I bought as a junior in high school. The one thing I am not such a big fan of for the Sephia is the headlights. They are very opaque, and more like shaded glass than clear. The lights work fine, but the lights could be brighter. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Sephia to anyone!

Fun to drive; MPG; spacious trunk; comfortable seats and interior.

clearer headlights; rear seat belts less sensitive to strain.

I like it.
By Alb89

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for 500 dollars and thought it would just be my A to B car, but it has actually taken me further! Very reliable, A/C and heat works, but it does make the driving slow down when turned on. Not sure why but it isn't that big of a deal. Overall good car. Only thing needed changed was spark plugs.

Sound system is nice. Has a 6 CD disk changer.

I like everything