The 2017 Kia Sedona is a worthy alternative to the top-rated minivans from Honda and Toyota. Besides the lower price and higher feature content, the Sedona scores points for its quick acceleration, quiet ride and carlike interior. The powerful engine does put a dent in fuel economy, and the cargo capacity is a bit smaller than that of rivals, but neither should be a deal breaker for savvy shoppers. Furthermore, its top safety score will give you some reassurance when transporting your most precious cargo, and Kia backs the car with the most generous warranty in the industry.
- The distinctive cockpit looks more like a car's than a minivan's
- You get a lot of features for the money
- The second-row seats are quite versatile
- Cabin remains pleasantly quiet on the highway
- Fuel economy is unimpressive
- Slightly less cargo capacity than rivals