Used 2008 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Very Happy With Purchase
By like_it!

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our new vehicle for over a month. I am very pleased with our new '08 Kia Sedona EX (has power doors/power gate). We got a good deal, I think, being a 2008 model (paid 18.7K). It has been working great, drives well, works perfectly. It gets decent highway gas mileage (23.5 or better hwy). The middle seats are so comfortable; much better than stow-n-go seats. I love that the middle windows roll down, but I guess most minivans have that feature these days. CON: The driver's seat arm rest is too low. I can tilt the arm rest up and use it, but I wish I could actually raise the whole arm rest. Same with the front passenger arm rest.

Power doors/power tail gate/power middle windows/comfy middle seats/cup holders/manual up or down shift. Our 3 kids love opening the doors and closing them all by themselves. But, I can prevent them from access if needed. The older kids can also recline their seats (ages 5 & 6) all by themselves.

Adjustable arm rest height for front seats. Wish there was no cigarette lighter/ash tray -- use that space better. Come out with the first hybrid minivan in the US...that would ROCK!

Great Value
By Bigboy

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Had owned 3 other minivans, wife wanted another despite kids being much older. Shopped around a fair bit have always owned NA, decided to look at alternatives. Most features for the least amount of money. Great ride, lots of room. Gas mileage is not much different than was claimed 17.9 mpg combined over the last 8 months.

Smooth quiet ride, lots of power. Well built, all pieces and parts fit togther like they should. Stow a way rear seats. Cavernous

Expect a bettr quality sound system

FIRST NEW CAR THAT I OWNED
By susan

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have always love the KIA and that was the only car I wanted we went to the dealer and I love it. I have blue and would not trade it for anything.

Love the sliding doors and the table and all the cup holders

I wish that my dvd charger would fit in the power port but i have such trouble trying to fit a charger in my power port

Great Minivan!
By twinsmom9895

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 Sedona with 175,000 miles on it, that I just traded in to purchase my 2008 Sedona. I loved my 2002, and find that my 2008 is as good if not better!! It's very versatile, comfortable and a great deal for the money.

Versatility, comfort, ride and price.

As with my first Sedona, the air conditioning always seems not quite cold enough on really hot days. Gas milage could really be improved, but all minivans suffer this fate.

Great Van
By TPoston

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We drove a rented Sedona in 2008 to Florida. Good van for long trips and we were impressed. We kept waiting for a 2008 with a few miles on it to become available. Finally did in May and we snatched it up. Bought the van for a little over $15K with 11K miles on it. Pick up is as good as my 2006 Monte Carlo. Great ride and comfortable as I am 5'3". The only complaint is no MP3 jack and the stereo really needs to be better quality. Got used to RDS display on the Monte Carlo and miss it. Other than the radio, it's been great for hauling my german shepherd and my toddler granddaughter. Also there's no outside temperature guage which i find odd.

Excellent pick up, all the room, folding seats

More modern stereo with satellite capability, mp3 jack, and an outside temperature guage on the LX.