Used 2008 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Now that it's fixed, I love it
By irritatrux

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had trouble with my Sedona when new; the battery kept draining. It took the dealer awhile to find the problem (a computer module wasn't connected tightly), but they were so helpful, and KIA even called me a couple times during the repair without me asking for their help. I was impressed with their customer service; it made an annoying issue easier to deal with. Once that little problem was solved, the van has been a dream. I took it on an 1800 mile trip last month, and it performed flawlessly and was so relaxing to drive. Normally that kind of trip tires me out, but the driving comfort is so great that I was able to drive lots further in a day than normal. I can't wait to take more trips.

Very comfortable. Acceptable road noise. Gets pretty good mileage for a V6 behemoth 25 mpg on highway at 70 mph. Controls are easy to use. Lots of nice standard safety features. Came with Michelins. Can take second row seats out and sleep in it when camping - which I do often!

The sound system doesn't blow me away, but hey, it's a van, not the sporty cars I had when I was younger.

beware......................
By bb

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Sedona has most of the equipment that is expected. Can haul a lot of stuff and has a lot of room. However, it has a vibration in the front end that makes this vehicle a big dissapointment. Tires have all been changed out however vibration remains. I think KIA needs to address issues like this unless they do not care if they retain customers.....BEWARE...JUST A HEADS UP..........

roominess... not much else.....

fix vibration problems in front end, better tires, better suspension,better radio,get rid of the TPMS,better fabric on seats,nicer colors,better curb appeal,radio controls on steering wheel,throw in cross bars on roof rack.

Minivan vs Suburban
By Mrs. M

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've always had SUV's since we started our family. But decided to downsize from our 07 Suburban to this minivan. I was kinda sad b/c the Suburban looked "cooler" but WOW! I love this car and so does my husband. We have 4 small children and the Sedona is hands down the most convenient and comfortable auto we've had. I love almost everything about it. Almost. There are only a couple things to bring up. The interior cloth is cheap looking. Wish we got the leather. And although it seats 7,if you have to seat 5 kids I wouldn't recommend this car for you. The back bench seat is narrow so 3 kids in the back is tight. And the poor kid who has the middle gets an uncomfortable seatbelt

Looks nice and drives awesome. Love all the extra storage everywhere and huge glove compartment. LOVE the huge floor mats that basically cover the entire floor. Fits 4 kids and 2 adults very comfortable

fix the very back benchseat so the middle person has a regular seatbelt coming out the way everyone else does. Instead of out the ceiling. Make bench seat in the middle an option. I don't like the quad seating.

Love Kia
By maryhelpful

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My recent Sedona is my second one. I love the Kia. It takes care of my family of five and beyond normal servicing, I rarely have taken it to the dealership.

My favorite features include the interior comforts and the easy handling of the vehicle. For a minivan it has an excellent turn radius.

Very Happy With Purchase
By like_it!

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our new vehicle for over a month. I am very pleased with our new '08 Kia Sedona EX (has power doors/power gate). We got a good deal, I think, being a 2008 model (paid 18.7K). It has been working great, drives well, works perfectly. It gets decent highway gas mileage (23.5 or better hwy). The middle seats are so comfortable; much better than stow-n-go seats. I love that the middle windows roll down, but I guess most minivans have that feature these days. CON: The driver's seat arm rest is too low. I can tilt the arm rest up and use it, but I wish I could actually raise the whole arm rest. Same with the front passenger arm rest.

Power doors/power tail gate/power middle windows/comfy middle seats/cup holders/manual up or down shift. Our 3 kids love opening the doors and closing them all by themselves. But, I can prevent them from access if needed. The older kids can also recline their seats (ages 5 & 6) all by themselves.

Adjustable arm rest height for front seats. Wish there was no cigarette lighter/ash tray -- use that space better. Come out with the first hybrid minivan in the US...that would ROCK!