Used 2008 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

SOLID & ZIPPY FAMILY RIDE
By Holly

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was the happy driver of a '06 Dodge Grand Caravan that was hit. I was torn on what to replace it with. Narrowed it down to an '08 Dodge Grand and the '08 Kia Sedona. I'm glad we chose the Kia. It has been a good, sturdy vehicle. We have five children and do a lot of "hauling" and have been very pleased with it's performance. One thing has gone wrong so far. (Pedal accelerator sensor went out - covered by warranty. No questions asked.) It has plenty of power. Decent gas milage. Comfy seats. Nice controls. Three minor complaints: 1. Front seat does not quite go back far enough. 1" more would be great. (Hubby & I are both 5'10") 2. Stereo sounds like it is AM 3. Shimmy when breaking.

Warranty!!, side-curtain air bags, safety ratings, comfy seats, easy instrument controls, cargo space, fold down back seats, nice exterior look to the car, able to drive 24/7 with headlights on (lights turn off when you remove key - no dead battery), solid doors, good use of storage space.

Allow driver's seat to move back additional 1-2", give a decent stereo, smooth out the breaking, make cargo organizer (for very back) with lid STANDARD.

Love it
By Paul Erickson

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our 1997 Grand Caravan with the '08 Sedona. Looked at the newer Chrysler mini-vans, and they are truly dreadful (that's why we kept the '97 for so long.) Thought I would have to spend $$$ for Honda or Toyota, but I am very happy with the Sedona. I have never checked fuel economy. I drive it 1 mile to the train station for commuting, otherwise use it to carry lots of people and big things. So fuel economy does not matter much for this vehicle.

POWER! You have to be careful not to burn rubber, which is embarrassing behavior for a mini-van (even though it is red.) ALL seats are comfortable. Extra deep space behind the 3rd row seats, which fold down easily.

The removable 2nd row seats are tricky. Took a few tries to figure out how to remove them. Rear doors are very hard to open, from the inside as well as the outside. While this helps develop upper body strength, that was not the plan.

Worth the price !
By Phil533

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now own two 2008 Kia Sedona's and you can't beat them for the price and value. My relatives own Honda Odyssey's and while they are slightly better mini vans, I don't feel they are worth the price difference. The Sedonas are fun to drive, are loaded with safety features and a great value for the money. My only question will be long term reliability.

Great safety features, great acceleration, tons of room.

None needed.

service is as important
By A'lani(BrightHeaven)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I made a cost effective purchased Nov. 2008. And until Jan. 2010 driving Sedona LX with get up and go on freeways and hills were more than expected. Jan. 2010 Alternator stop working but with excellant warranty and service I was back in my Sedona in a week. My sisters new car (other brand) had problems within a month. Shortly after purchasing my Sedona I was viewing it from a restaurant window against other vehicles and noticed how really impressive looking (color=white) it really is.

1. great warranty 2. all the bells and whistles 3. spacious for going camping (and work) 4. white color reflects hot sun

1. Alternator 2. Suggest that loaner be equal in size especially for those of us who purposely purchased Sedona LX Extended.

Rocket Van!
By DrJones

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

1st time van owner. Plenty of room, I actually enjoy pulling out the captain seats to vacuum it out cuz it's huge in there! Easy to back into parking spaces, good visibility, big tires, stable ride. A/C and vent controls and rear passenger vents are way nice, front split temp controls are cool. I love how this car gets up to speed so quickly, I mean, I am ultra confident getting onto the freeway. Transmission shifter is nice on hills, although I don't often have to lock into gears. Easy cruise controls, nicest ones I've used. Nice sounding horn also, not a whimpy "beep", but a nice rich sounding honk!

I love the power of this van. I could burn the tires at every light if I always punched it. Climbs hills easily. The Cruise Controls are the best! Better than our Toyota I love that when it's raining or super hot, I can be inside and move from the front of the van to the back without getting out

Major help would be the slide door windows. No power pkg for me, so doors won't open fully with slider windows down...not cool. Stereo is fine with the windows up, but man, that engine power is way nice.