Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Not a happy consumer
By Very disatisfied

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems since day one. Brakes have been repaired over 10 times. Mostly the first year. Wiring harness melted, so bad the rear brake light melted. Seat latches in 3rd row keeps breaking. Doors freeze close. With 3 kids having to get out back not fun. Kia not very cooperative. Alignment keeps going out. On third set of tires. Need new again. Forth set of headlights. Out again. Dealer and KIA not very friendly or helpful. Places blame on me. Had to file a lawsuit. After 3 years they acknowledge van is lemon. Not a very happy consumer considering I worked hard to have something nice and turned out to be a headache!!!!!

Middle windows going down, alot of cupholders.

Make van safe and reliable.

100,000 miles with no problems
By Art Muriph

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Kia Sedona after having rented one while on vacation. Considered a Honda Odyssey at 30k but found a brand new 2006 left over for 16,700 a huge svings. We have driven the van daily and cross country for 2.5 years and put 100,000 miles on it without any problems. My only complaint was with the original tires that wore out at only 30k replaced them with goodyear assurance comford treat tires with a 80 k warantee and they are still going strong. The only service the van has seen is an walmart brand synthetic oil change every 7000 miles or so. I haven't even had to do a brake job yet!!! I have had several honda's and I would say the kia is just as reliable for me.

Interior layout, very roomy, lots of power,

put some real tires on it from the factory, I would gladly pay the difference....

reliability stinks
By Cindy Warring

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Kia Sedona for alsmost 3 years. Within that time frame, the car has gone through 3 alternators. three times without mush warning, this car has left me walking. I don't think I would buy a Kia again.

comfortable for long drives and plenty of room for my family.

Van is trying to kill us
By price family

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Twice in a 12-month period our throttle body has needed replacing. "Normal" auto shops won't touch a Kia, so emergency repairs are a no-go: not helpful when mom has two babies in carseats and is literally stranded with a self-decelerating van on the side of a highway.

cargo space in back! even with back seat occupied, can still fit huge double jogging stroller PLUS all the beach gear!

warranty that is honored, parts that can be fixed by non-dealership mechanics (who are obviously not well trained, anyways), driver seat adjustment needs to be electric or have more options, "electrical malfunctions" need to be addressed; Can anyone say "LEMON?"

good value
By Joe

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 years of ownership the car has been is the shop 6 times for little nagging problems from pulsing brakes to check engine lights. Never was a serious problem found but enough is enough.Add to it the new policy that The customer has to lay out $90.00 before they look at the car under its 5 year 60k mile program to make sure it qualifies for warranty work. I would think twice about this car...

Plenty of space inside

needs better gas mileage, and a better dealer service program.