Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Look elsewhere
By indiana

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/25,000 miles it loves to ride on the back of a tow truck and has spent 1/4 of each year in the shop. Air bag sensors, accelerator pedal sticks, then it won't go at all brakes been replaced 2xs in 55,000 miles and need another set, tranny shifts poorly, battery goes bad, alternator, brake light sensor out and runs down battery. Change headlights and turn signals every 2 months, drinks power steering fluid, the dealership can never "duplicate" problems when car misbehaves, turn off call tow truck and have it towed, don't turn back on or they can't read the "code" and won't fix whatever is wrong. Electronic nightmare! I suggest you run quickly Toyota is worth the money

roomy and engine has been great lots of pep

electronic nightmare, lousy sound system, radio controls on steering wheel or have the controls closer to driver

UPSET Coustomer
By Upset Kia Owner

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I would tell anyone not to buy a KIA. I bought the van new and it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. Brake problems, Belt tensioner, and MULTIPLE electrical problems. Turn signals work intermittently. Head lights keep blowing out. Air Bag Warning Light on more than it’s off. Keyless remotes both failed. Heater fan quit working in the middle of a snow storm. Wipers quit working during a rain storm while driving down the road. I don’t trust the thing to drive out of town. I can’t trade the thing because the value has dropped to the point that now I'm upside down in value. This van was the worst new vehicle I've ever owned. Don't buy a Kia!

Sliding door windows that roll down. I'll grant you that its got plenty of Power. When its out of the shop and I can drive it.

Reliability!

Love My Van, She part of the family
By Yogi & Mike Healy

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this van from day one. Bought it new,with under 10 miles on it.Have enjoyed every mile on it.She has all the power that my wife wants and needs,w/3.8 v6.I don't think that will we every trade her in. Everything has worked great. The Dealerships are becoming far and few.They have taken care of any small problem w/ no problem. One thing that needs to be address is lites front,fog they have gone out and can only be changed at the dealership? Why cause you have to take off the front bumper? That stinks. The Van drives so smooth has great pick up also drives like a sports car.I would buy another but only used as they do drop in value fast.Paid $29950 worth $8750 ouch :-(

POWER!3.8 v6 Power doors,both sides and lift gate. Having a trouble free car.The Car Company stand behind if needed.Great looks and roomy inside.Like that the back seats go down flat,for more cargo.Cup holders I it has 13. Beleive it this is what made my wife love the car.She was sold on that :-)

Some plastic flim over door handles still on after almost 4yrs can't come off.Fewer Dealships to bring car to! Speaker need to be upgraded. MPG needs to be inproved.21 - 25

Worse new vehicle I ever owned
By Worse vehice I owned

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in MD, live in WV, could not get thru inspection 1st week we owned car due to light bulb issue (& we have had numerous bulbs changed / numerous electrical issues). Brakes/tires eaten up regular basis & other mechanical issues. Many problems with getting warranty issues handled correctly. WARNING WARNING **DON'T BUY** Worse new vehicle we have ever owned!!

It is peppy, I give it that.. Plenty of power to pass (back when the transmission was working smoothly).

NONE, don't buy so you avoid all the headaches we have encountered.

Family Van Disapointment
By Kevin

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have 44,000 miles on our van. Since we have owned the van it has been in the shop for warranty work many times. The intake system went bad requiring a tow truck. The air/conditioning compressor has been repaired twice. Power steering has been repaired twice. Three different suspension repairs have been made. The fuel pump has been repaired, wiring harness replaced, brake light switch replaced, engine block oil leak, bad airbag control module, bad seals on windows, doors sticking, doors not latching, etc. Difficulty getting proper alignment. Left us stranded twice. Kia had paid for it all. Dealership has been very helpful. Wondering what will happen when warranty expires.

Smooth, quiet, and powerful. Flexible interior. Right size for our family. Standard features are good for base model.