Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

kia sedona
By 4gs

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have had a terrible experience with our Kia Sedona.
It gets terrible gas mileage.
We had some work that needed to be done that was covered under warranty, and they did not fix it.
It is a very heavy van and does not ride very smooth.
Would not recomend it to anyone.

none

customer service, gas mileage, reliability.

Worst Car I've ever owned
By frommissouir2

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the oil changed at the dealer for the entire life of this car simply because every time it was time to change the oil something else was broken on it.
The air bag light just came on this morning, and the check engine light has been lighting up regularly so BACK TO THE DEALER we go.
I still plan on driving it until the wheels fall off but I will NEVER buy another KIA.

Size, price was good.

Make this thing more reliable

Run away as fast as you can
By 1soccermama

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Worse vehicle I've evered owned.
After being stranded three times and towed to the dealer who couldn't find the issue while it was under warrenty, I finally took it to a local repair shop who found the 1K plus issue that I had to pay out of pocket.
Called Kia and was basically told 'oh well'.
Van felt cheap and made me question it's safety on a daily basis. It was a true lemon and after spending about 3K in less than a year, I was done.
Bought myself a Dodge and I'm in love!

None

Reliable soldier
By Laszlo Pocsi

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Sedona since new in 2006, has over 60k miles in it. Mine has been a trooper. It's a typical minivan - cavernous, comfortable, safe, practical. It is the top of the line model with leather, DVD player, back-up radar, etc. I towed heavy things with it, I packed it chock full of stuff and/or people many times, and it performed great. The safety rating is top-notch, which was a huge selling point for me. Gas mileage is not great by at around 17.3 mpg it's OK for a big vehicle. We had to replace the audio under warranty, one bulb went out in 6 years, other than just scheduled service. It's a bit noisier than I like, but I love it. Better yet, my kids love it. The power doors are great!

Power doors, DVD player, back-up radar, top safety rating, comfortable and tough. Towed a mid-size car for 900 miles, towed a large pop-up camper with no problems.

Should be a bit quieter on interstates, better gas mileage would be welcome, better acceleration too. Mine doesn't have an auxiliary audio port or USB connection or bluetooth, which are musts these days. Dash is ergonomic but could look better. Drop the manumatic function - I never use it.

Worst vehicle have ever owned!
By Ryan

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the vehicle for 5 years and have had nothing but problems for 4. Back up sensors constantly malfunctioning, tires shot after hardly any miles, doors freeze shut all winter, AC has gone out twice, bushings replaced twice, ignition issues, too many problems to list. Is in the shop at least every two months. Shop plugs it into the computer, doesn't show code and they can't replicate the problem.

Favorite Features - Getting rid of it today at a loss. Bumper to bumper warranty is the only good thing with Kia. Trust me you need it.

Don't know where to start. My suggestion to everyone, "DON'T BUY A KIA."