Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Never buy another Kia
By taxilady7

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This 06" kia Sedona was used with 70,000 miles. The first thing I had to replace was the sway bar and ended up getting it from a junk yard becasue the KIA parts are so very expensive.
Then I replaced the brake pads and had a lot of trouble with scrapping noise! I finally replaced the rotors, did not help! I finally found out the rotors were worpped and it was causing the pads to go bad! DO NOT GET brake pads from any NAPA stores!
They did not work on these Kia's.

The biggest options I have had to over come is the turn signal blubs blowing, the head light blubs continually blowing.
I found out what was the problem with turn signal, the socket had to be replaced.

I like the fact that the doors are automatic, but as a taxi it helps that I don't have to jump in and out to open doors. The feature of the front seats moving back and reclining is nice. The engine is very quiet, and the color red is just right for me. But I would not buy another KIA! The parts are just toooo! expensive and mechanics have a hard time repairing the vehicle.

Lower prices on the replacement parts! Make an extention belt that fits big people.

I have 2 Kia's and LOVE them
By mom_of_two

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We first purchased a 2006 Kia Optima LX (brand new and still own) when we had our first child. Then we purchased our 2006 Kia Sedona LX (used - 5yrs old) when we had our second child.
I love both of my Kia's.
Sure I have had some issues, like the Air Bag light and Check Engine light - but no car is perfect.
Even if you own a BMW or MB, there are still issues!

I will forever drive a KIA
: )

Much better than expected.
By quinn3

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2007 with about 12k miles on.
It has been an amazing ride.
Great acceleration and braking. I can get the middle seats out easy and the rear seats fold into the floor to fit a 4' x 8 piece of wood in there.
It also held it value very good.
I'm looking to buy another one but don't like the 24k price tag and it's hard to find a used one with only 12k or so miles on it.

I like the acceleration and the smooth ride. I also love how the rear seats fold into the floor. Being longer than most mini vans is also great. The 60k mile warranty was nice to have though I didn't have to use it much

self closing doors as an option by itself. The radio changes channels sometimes by itself. Hybrid version

Nice Van - Highly recommend.
By linuxking

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this 2006 in 2011 with under 40K miles on it.
No problems - easy to work on.
I change my own oil and just flushed the transmission fluid by myself.
I was hesitant to buy with all the bad reviews - think most posters just got lemons - I had a Mercury Sable that had all the problems described in the other posts.

Plenty of power - lots of room. Came with a DVD player for the kids and the sliding door windows slide down. Price was awesome - bought in 2011 with under 40K miles for 12K with trade in - 1998 Windstar with tons of problems. This van has a bit more room than the old Winstar. Super quiet - barely hear the engine running. Oil change is 5.5 quarts - that should help the engine last a long time.

Get rid of the middle console between from seats. Gets a little under 20 MPG. Impossible to find a repair manual - but found enough KIA forums with good advice.

kia sedona
By 4gs

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have had a terrible experience with our Kia Sedona.
It gets terrible gas mileage.
We had some work that needed to be done that was covered under warranty, and they did not fix it.
It is a very heavy van and does not ride very smooth.
Would not recomend it to anyone.

none

customer service, gas mileage, reliability.